1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around for another 1911. Basically, I am either going to get another CBOB, or a lightweight commander (SW or SIG). The only reason I am not considering the CCO at this point is because of the DW five year warranty. I am concerned about getting an alloy frame pistol without the lifetime warranty. I know the DW customer service is outstdanding, but what happens if the frame cracks after the warranty expires. Anyone have had experiences with DW warranty after warranty expired?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I purchased my 09 CBOB from our friend Dave at Severns Custom, and included
in the box was a registration card from Davidson's for a lifetime replacement
warranty.

I'm not exactly sure who is responsible for this being included in the box, but
perhaps someone else will know?

·
Banned
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased my 09 CBOB from our friend Dave at Severns Custom, and included
in the box was a registration card from Davidson's for a lifetime replacement
warranty.

I'm not exactly sure who is responsible for this being included in the box, but
perhaps someone else will know?

Yes, some dealers sell their guns with Davidson's warranty. This is not a warranty from the manufacturer though!

You see for example Fusions, Colts, S&W, and others, they offer a limited lifetime warranty on their pistols. I have also seen other companies that do not offer the lifetime warranty buyt have been more than happy to fix problems at no cost.

I would like to know what is DW's standing on after warranty issues, any experiences?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, some dealers sell their guns with Davidson's warranty. This is not a warranty from the manufacturer though!
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it was a manufacturer's warranty. I did
say that it was from Davidson's.

You can see more information at <http://www.galleryofguns.com/>

Best Regards,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts