1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of guys have emailed me as to what Dan Wessons my dealer has now. I talked to him this morning and he has the following:

Patriot Expert PTE-S (Stainless) - $679 (one)

Razorback RZ (Stainless) #104 - $749 (one)

PM9 - 9mm (Stainless) - $649 (five)

If anyone is interested you can email Allen at "Shooters" - [email protected] .

He charges $25 for shipping to your FFL and NO sales tax unless you are a resident of Ohio.

All the best,

Art

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Allen told me yesterday that he had a guy that wanted one of the 9mm's, but that his FFL wanted $50.00 to do the transfer.

That sounds awful high to me. What is the going rate for this?

Art

·
Registered
88 Posts
Noklue3 said:
Allen told me yesterday that he had a guy that wanted one of the 9mm's, but that his FFL wanted $50.00 to do the transfer.

That sounds awful high to me. What is the going rate for this?

Art
Around here, typically $20-$25.00. I think "his" FFL is a tad on the high side, and I'd look for another one, as there are plenty around who'll do it for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
101 Posts
WOW! $50?? I have one that charges $10 (when he is around), and the one I use most charges $5.

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
FWIW, $20-25 has been the customary rate in my area, but recently, I hear of more and more dealers going to $40 or higher. I believe what may be happening is that stocking dealers are realizing the loss they are taking to internet/out of state orders, and many are attempting to balance the sheet a bit by increasing their fees.

·
Registered
91 Posts
FFL fees,

The usual fee around here is $25. I guess it depends on what part of the country you live in.
Having 2 FFL's myself and knowing what a person has to go thru to get an FFL, $50 does not sound out of line, but I do this as a courtasey to my customers and not as a money making venture. The only insistance I make is that my customer has a concealed pistol license.
I'll take the time to help my customer if they will take the time to get a CPL.
Sounds harsh maybe to some, but these are my rules and anyone that does not like them is able to go somewhere else.
I just think it is nessesary in a "shall issue" state that all folks get a CPL, it also shows me they have been checked out by the State.
Regards,
Fuzzy

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: FFL fees,

safestop said:
The usual fee around here is $25. I guess it depends on what part of the country you live in.
Having 2 FFL's myself and knowing what a person has to go thru to get an FFL, $50 does not sound out of line, but I do this as a courtasey to my customers and not as a money making venture. The only insistance I make is that my customer has a concealed pistol license.
I'll take the time to help my customer if they will take the time to get a CPL.
Sounds harsh maybe to some, but these are my rules and anyone that does not like them is able to go somewhere else.
I just think it is nessesary in a "shall issue" state that all folks get a CPL, it also shows me they have been checked out by the State.
Regards,
Fuzzy
Your FFL, your rules, no problems with that.
I think $50 for about five minutes work is gouging. A GOOD dealer will not try and make up his margin by sticking it to the guys that find bettter deals online. Charge for what you did and not for what you would have made if you had been the ordering dealer. Of course, we all have the option to go somewhere else and I can Guarantee you if someone wanted to charge me $50 to receive a gun, that would be the last time they ever saw me....My dealer charges $20 and then gets to know the customer who will then order from him next time....

Art

·
Registered
333 Posts
I got my Patriot from Allen @ shooters He seams like a great guy transaction went very smooth.I paid 10.00 for the transfer.With the shipping and the transfer fee It was still cheaper to buy @ shooters.
Rich

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Art:
Ever retain a lawyer for 5 min and see what he charges? :eek: FWIW, it takes well over 5 min just to get the 4473 filled out and then make the background check call. I choose not to charge anywhere near $50 for this service, but agree that it's every dealer's perogative to charge what he/she thinks the market will bear, or what he/she thinks their time is worth. If a dealer thinks that charging a hefty fee will dissuade buyers from looking for guns in "cheaper" states, then so be it. (Yeah I know, personally, I don't think it works, either...) ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts