1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I research holsters for open and CC, I just got a thought...I own two 1911s, different makes. I like shooting both. Will one holster do for both, or could double duty ruin the holster...primarily for leather, I mean.

Thanks

------------------
I knew Thomas Jefferson, he was a friend of mine...Governor Clinton, you're no Thomas Jefferson

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Double duty won't ruin the holster any more than single duty assuming the two guns are the same. If they are not the same, for example say that one gun is a Colt 1911 with very sharp edges and your other gun has melted corners, the Colt may damage the leather with the sharp edges whereas the other gun would not. If the holster was originally for the Colt, then you may be prolonging the holster's life by sometimes carrying the melted gun.

If your two 1911s are the same size and have the same basic features, the holster won't know the difference.

·
Registered
66 Posts
On the other hand, I have several holsters for 1 pistol. Depending on circumstances, season, WHY I'm carrying, etc. Holsters are like magazines- you can never have too many!!!
Milldude

1 - 3 of 3 Posts