1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early Christmas Present from Wife!:

That i need help from you guys with. I can spend exactly $500 on a new gun. NO more, $500 that includes tax. Wife is a penny pincher (lol). So, suggestions please>

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
CCW? Plinking? IDPA, etc. competition?

Hey, if we've only got five hundred of your wife's dollars to spend, we gotta have some boundaries. ;)

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, well haven't given that much thought. I guess a carry gun. Can always use another. I have a glock 9mm, 1911, Beretta 9mm and a sig 380. What carry gun should i consider? Another 1911 would not be bad.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got to say that a springfield XD series is a pretty good value that can be had under $500. Not a 1911, but I think its a great bargain. You get a grip safety to remind you of a 1911.......

Gunslinger

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking the XD but was really racking my brain about a 1911.

Why not take some $$ out of your mad money sock, and put the difference down on a new NRM Government Colt? Probably only dent your beer fund by ~$100. Much better solution than getting the XD or other Tupperware gun, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
fremont said:
Why not take some $$ out of your mad money sock, and put the difference down on a new NRM Government Colt?
I was thinking the same thing...for about $50 more you can have yourself a NRM Colt Govt Model in blue. If that isn't an option, then I'd suggest either a WWII Springfield Milspec (about $400) or a "normal" Springfield Milspec (about $460).

Honestly speaking...I love Springfield guns...but for the extra $100 over the upper end MilSpec...the Colt is a bargain!

·
Registered
687 Posts
There are a couple of options in that price range in the CZ line. All steel compact, or the lightweight version and also a decocker model. Not to mention the Rami, coming next year.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I sold a couple of knives (Busse) and got a $241 "return to profitability" bonus. Adds up to $766.

We've got the rings and honeymoon paid for, so my fiance is insisting I buy myself something nice. I keep eyeing the Beretta CX-4 Storm, but I'm just not sure.

I'll probably just set the $$$ aside and wait for something to really grab me. Between my 9mm Hi-Power and SA Mil-Spec .38 Super, I'm pretty set. I also tend to think I'm not going to get many more opportunities like this, so I really want to make my next purchase "count".

Mike

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
under $500

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
under $500

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Done a little shopping here in the Little Rock, Ar, area. The cheapest "mil spec" springfield is $470 out the door. Guns tend to be high here, unless you find a private seller. I may just hold on to the money, and keep reminding the wife, and wait until a good deal comes by. Or i may sell my glock, the least favorite of my guns, put the money together and get a Colt. I have always wanted one, but just cant justify the inflated price, when my norinco shoots better than my brothers colt gold cup.

·
Registered
312 Posts
While I dearly love my Wilson, I felt the need for a reliable "tackle box gun" for rough daily carry on my person and in the lox box in my truck. A friend hounded me into checking out the Ruger KP-97DC. Stainless slide, poly frame, double action, with a decocker.
To my surprise, I have not had one FTF in 5,000 rounds, and the thing is damn accurate-not that I could explain how!!! Butt ugly too. The best part it set me back $280.00 new in box after rebate on gun broker.
Go ahead, flame away all you purists!!! I was a major skeptic too once! :D

·
Banned
597 Posts
Carry gun you say? KelTec P3AT, S&W 640, etc. Sounds like wheat you're missing in your stash is a carry gun for when you wouldn't otherwise carry.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Michael_Aos said:
I sold a couple of knives (Busse) and got a $241 "return to profitability" bonus. Adds up to $766.

Somehow the universe KNOWS when I have some "extra" money. Something ALWAYS comes up.

Smashed up my car yesterday, so no new toys for a while.

:mad:

Mike

1 - 20 of 26 Posts