1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if anyone here had good luck with generic 1911 parts bought from on ebay? How do they fit? Do so call bad ill fitting parts even exist?

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
Yes, ill fitting parts do exist. Quite often on eBay, you'll find overseas knock-off parts advertised at great prices. Save the few bucks and order from the reputable makers in the US!

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
I recently bought 3 sets of 1911 slotted screws on ebay, 7 of the 12 had unfinished heads. I emailed the guy and said I really didn't mind paying a premium for correct screws, but that I was sending them back. I have bought Wilson parts, Fusion parts and others and have had no problems. The advantage is the ease of hitting "pay now" and being done with it. So far I haven't been able consistently to work the Brownells website, not bright enough to learn all the secret handshakes I guess. I usually break down and call them to order.:(

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
The only eBay parts I have bought are the new Fusion Firearms ones. No Problem there. Same quality parts as there web site.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i was just wondering if anyone here had good luck with generic 1911 parts bought from on ebay? How do they fit? Do so call bad ill fitting parts even exist?
I'm going to do you a favor and you can thank me later. Stay away from a seller named " reddogxxalaskan ". He has gotten me and a lot of other folks with his BS parts and "Colt factory" mags. Do a search on the various gun boards, including this one, using that name and you'll see what I mean. Another 1911 forum even has has a sticky warning people of this seller. I only bring this up because he lists so many parts, you are bound to run into some and think you are getting a deal.

Fusion parts are good to go and also check out a seller named Heartland Supply, he is awesome to deal with.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ebay has the only custom grips I can find for my Llama IX-A. Besides the factory grips, those are the best set going for it. I haven't ordered much parts for the Kimber.

·
Registered
220 Posts
E bay

reddogxxalaskan is a seller on e bay
I purchased a thumb safety from him all I can say is yes it a knock off part from who knows who made them just cheap.

·
Registered
15,656 Posts
Yup, Fusion Firearms parts are pretty good stuff. Most everything else is junk or used parts taken off of a used gun. I am always amazed at the prices Reddogalaskan gets for his stuff. Be careful. Safeties that have been fitted to another gun may not work in yours.

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to do you a favor and you can thank me later. Stay away from a seller named " reddogxxalaskan ". He has gotten me and a lot of other folks with his BS parts and "Colt factory" mags. Do a search on the various gun boards, including this one, using that name and you'll see what I mean. Another 1911 forum even has has a sticky warning people of this seller. I only bring this up because he lists so many parts, you are bound to run into some and think you are getting a deal.

Fusion parts are good to go and also check out a seller named Heartland Supply, he is awesome to deal with.

good lookin out.:rock:

·
Registered
220 Posts
E Bay Parts

I got in the mail to day from FUSION a extractor for my mil-spec looks good and come with a lifetime warranty not bad:I will try fitting it later to day
I just return a wilson extractor just could not get it to work in the tunnel on the slide

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Buy only from names you trust.

It's the internet, folks. Where we're all six foot tall and 185 Lbs, expert shots and ninjas. Would someone misrepresent a peice of metal on flea-bay? YooBetcha. A little side trip here. I'm a bagpiper. Google "bagpipes" and see what happens. Nine of ten hits will be from e-bay, selling pipes for $150-$300. Good pipes *begin* at $1,000. Made in Pakistan (no, really) of any wood laying around. Of course, they're represented as quality instruments.

Do you think e-bay will stop bad quality in any other area?

Buy name brand parts from reputable distrubutors. You'll save money in the long run.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I'll second this, dealt with both and been very happy with Fusion parts from huntflk99 and also heartland.

·
Premium Member
8,553 Posts
Ditto on the reddog.

Twice before I tried mags from him, I could bend the feed lips iwht my fingers. I sent them all back for refunds. Total junk.

I made a mistake one time after that and didn't notice the seller's name (Duh - it was reddogalaskan). Got the the auction mixed up with another seller. Anyway, the hammer hooks were so bad (on a new hammer) I saw a machine pistol in the making. Sent them back for a refund, too.

You'll save with only good reputable parts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts