1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a c.c.w. class yesterday and used my eclipse to qualify, I only had to fire 50 rounds but again ,no problems at all i now have 1250 rnds. with no ftf or ftrtb or any other problems. oh and by the way.........I scored 100 percent.:rock:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Congratulations!

Is that something your state requires as a prerequisite, for CCL?

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Great job!

I think most states require a firing course of some sort to get your CCW. Here in NC, we do a 50 rd course as well.

10rds at 5 yards, then 10 yards, then 15 yards, etc. up until 25 yards.

·
Registered
207 Posts
What holster do you use, and how is the finish holding up on your Eclipse? I recently bought an Eclipse and have heard a lot on this forum about the finish wearing really fast. I realize wear is inevitable, especially if it is carried.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
finish

I havent carried it yet but if what i hear about the finish wearing is true....i think i'll have it bead blasted because i looked at the prices of the kimpro finish on an Eclipse and i dont believe they should charge that much to refinish your gun in somthing the is more durable when it should stand up the first time,,,,but all in all i like the gun.:rock:

·
Registered
582 Posts
jrad38 said:
I took a c.c.w. class yesterday and used my eclipse to qualify, I only had to fire 50 rounds but again ,no problems at all i now have 1250 rnds. with no ftf or ftrtb or any other problems. oh and by the way.........I scored 100 percent.:rock:
I know where your coming from, On my renewal I had to shoot a damn Glock 17. Shot a 249. On my first CCW test, I shot my Kimber Gold Match. One large hole and a perfect 250.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts