1911Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have both the Super Match and the Eclipse ll. My SM has had 2200 rounds fired thru it with only 2 failure to feed. All of these have been my reloads during IDPA matches.There has not been any signs of excessive wear on the gun inside or outside with the Kim Pro finish.I bought the Eclipse ll to use as a carry gun.I only have 250 rounds fired thru it so far 200 reloads and 50 Federal Hydra Shock's no problem's. The front nite sight went out so I sent the slide back to Kimber for repair which was done and sent back in a week's time.I don't think the finish will hold up as well as the SM but that is ok by me.It shoots almost as good as the SM in the accuracy department. As far as the reliability I haven't been able to shoot a whole lot the last 3 months due to a knee injury.The Eclipse ll cost me $700 less than the SM. Thus far I believe it will do just fine for my purposes.Good luck, ShooterJD

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.