1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking to buy one for some time, but seem to run across quite a few posts on the sights going dark. Has Kimber addressed this in the last few months. I just hate to buy one and then have to go through a return routine right away. I own quite a few 1911's and currently two Kimbers. Over the years I've had to make returns, but if it's still a problem maybe I'll buy something else for my Christmas. Thanks treat. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,416 Posts
I don't think the sights would keep me from buying the gun.I think most of us end changing sights on a lot of guns we buy

·
Registered
287 Posts
what Eljay45 said! Plus, unless it's been sitting at the dealer for some time, I think they fixed it. My Custom Eclipse came with Meprolight sights on it. I don't think they are the ones that had the problem.

------------------
God Bless America!!

Danny
NRA, NAHC, Buckmasters

·
Registered
582 Posts
I AGREE with the guy's above. The sights can be replaced. BUY THE GUN. KIMBERS are worth a little trouble. IF you buy a GLOCK you KNOW you gotta replace the sights..

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had my Eclipse since August. I've put somewhere between 1500 and 2000 rounds through it, and the sights are still nice and bright.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had my Custom Eclipse II since November, and have shot at least 2000 rounds. The Metropolitian sight is as bright as in the begining. Make sure you keep them clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts