1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd appreciate any opinions. I'm looking for something to compliment my Custom. Something with the same sweet trigger pull, but is something "different" (don't know how else to say it.) I've fired the Ultra CDP a few times and quite like it (even though I'm usually not too crazy about guns that small.) I can get it from my dealer for near cost, but with everything I've seen and read about the Eclipse Pro, I'm having second thoughts. So how would you spend my money?

-Nugg

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nugg,
I have recently been down the same path. I must admit that the Eclipse is a beautiful pistol and I would love to have one. But, the best compliment to a full size pistol is a light weight. I went with the Pro CDP because I have big hands and wanted to share magazines. It shoots great and is a great carry pistol. My Custom Stainless Target is incredibly accurate and fun to shoot, but the Pro CDP is just as good and doesn't jerk my pants down when I holster it.

If you want to get really custom, buy a Pro, Compact or Ultra Carry and have Kimber put the Eclipse finsh on it. Their website list the cost at 150.00. You won't find anyone at the local range with a gun like that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts