1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Ed Brown Kobra Carry that has a less than optimal trigger (was not crisp and clean). You could feel some sear slippage before the break. Also, the trigger seams to be a little mushy. When carefully pulling the trigger, the trigger will also move a little, seemingly without affecting the sear/hammer interface, giving a springy resistance and movement before the trigger actually breaks (after using the jig). Not to be confused with pre-travel.

I have been using an Ed Brown sear jig to resolve the crispness of the break, but nothing seams to have an effect of the mushy/springy movement I can feel in the trigger prior to trigger breaking. Ledge on the hammer seams to be .020, which is supposed to be good to go. I polished that area up. The sear and disco are those black colored parts that I believe are EB OEM. I also polished the flat part of the disco to remove some of the tool marks.

At this point, I would like to ask advice on what Sear, Disconnector and possibly hammer to get to replace what's there. I have a Gunsmith near me that I want to get to do a proper install. He is a member of the Pistolsmith Guild, so he is quite competent.

Thanks for any suggestions. I might see if he can fix what's there, but if not, I would like to replace the necessary parts with some top notch parts.

·
Premium Member
11,555 Posts
Let the smith advise you on which parts, if any, that he will agree to use. They often prefer to provide the parts as it helps them maintain QC over as much of the process as possible.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might be dropping by him on Monday. I will ask his thoughts. I have heard good things about these C&S matched kits, as well as the EGW parts, but last thing I want to do is mess these up myself, THEN pay him to fix that...

His equipment is WAY nicer that my little biddy EB jig. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts