1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went onto the Ed brown site today looking for wide thumb safeties and they are offering to replace any old 1911 mags for $10. I've had no issues with my mec-gars so I probably won't take them up on it but I'm sure there's some old timers on here with plenty of old beat up/non functioning mags who might be interested so I figured I'd let y'all know.
Font Screenshot Parallel Document Number

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
This has been around for several years.

It's a good program, I had some old Colt 38 Super magazines I sent them months ago (honestly, I had forgot) and got an email this week that they were back in stock and were shipping.

Reactions: Crab Boy

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Damn , I probably crushed and scrapped about 100 1911 ''mystery mags'' a few years ago.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think it’s a scam….. they are hoping people will send them Wilson’s and Cobra mags :poop:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Went onto the Ed brown site today looking for wide thumb safeties and they are offering to replace any old 1911 mags for $10. I've had no issues with my mec-gars so I probably won't take them up on it but I'm sure there's some old timers on here with plenty of old beat up/non functioning mags who might be interested so I figured I'd let y'all know. View attachment 612334
Great deal from a great 1911 maker!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I suppose they are good mags, but I have a slight problem with the 8 rd mags - they don't fit nearly as flush as my Chip McCormicks in my Kobra Carry.

·
Registered
12,643 Posts
I suppose they are good mags, but I have a slight problem with the 8 rd mags - they don't fit nearly as flush as my Chip McCormicks in my Kobra Carry.
In fairness to Ed Brown, they aren't designed to.

A thread from Steve in Allentown

1 - 11 of 11 Posts