1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Using Ed Brown's magwell , you'll have the option of removing the well while keeping the main spring housing (it's only attached by a screw). No frame modifications are required.

Using S&A's magwell , you'll have to modify your frame and the well is permanently attached to the MSH (one unit). No need to worry about your well & MSH connection getting loose unlike EB's housing.

Quality wise , both are well made. I have S&A installed in my 1911's , that is, if it doesn't bother you making some frame modifications.

Hope this helps in your selection.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had the EB on mine. I liked it but didn't like having to modify all the mag basepads to fit and drop free.

A friend with an identical P18-9 had a SA magwell. No worry about modification to basepads. All mags fit and drop free.

I had mine re-fitted for the SA and love it. Much quicker and more reliable reloads. I liked it so much, I changed out the magwell on my P14-45 too.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
When it comes to Para guns I've installed more S&A magwells than any others. They are the ones I prefer for the same reason spd522 stated, I believe you will find they are compatible with all the base pads on the market witout having to modify the base pad. You will find this a big plus the first time you see a partially loaded mag come apart because the base pad was modified and failed to hold.
Regards
Bob Hunter
(816) 675-2340
www.huntercustoms.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts