1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Guys Give me your opinions of Ed's Guns good or bad I am looking for another Quality .45 with fixed sights and the Kobra looks like a nice gun, but you here so little about his guns. I already own a Wilson Stainless Classic and it is a tremendous pistol. Will I be happy with Ed's guns or should I just get another Wilson.

[This message has been edited by bowhunter (edited 11-17-2001).]

[This message has been edited by bowhunter (edited 11-17-2001).]

·
Registered
551 Posts
I own 3 Wilsons, shoot them all, and have nothing but good to say about the ones I have.

I recently bought a EB Bob Tail, SS frame, blue slide, Commander length, in .45. I passed the 3000 rd mark with it yesterday. The finish is a little nicer than the Wilsons, the trigger pull is excellent, and exactly the weight I requested after a little break in. It is 100% reliable thus far (after the very first magazine).

I love the Bob Tail, and have no compaints with this modification. It does not point differently, "hurt" my hand, or make it difficult to maintain the proper grip, at least for me....... My times with it are nearly the same as with the Wilson I usually shoot matches with, and could be explained by an additional pound on the trigger pull on the EB

It is not quite as accurate at 25 yards as any of the Wilsons though. On a good day, with the right load I can get just a little over 2.5" at 25 from a rest with any of the Wilsons, including the CQB Compact, and the oldest I have that came from Wilson with a BarSto barrel, will go just under 2" consistently with the right load.

So far, the best I can get at 25 with the Brown is just over 3". I didn't buy it for bullseye matches, so for it's intended purpose, I am satisfied with the accuracy.

I carry it regularly now, and I would buy one again without hesitation.

I know you are interested in the Kobra, which I know nothing about first hand, but I hope this helps a little.

------------------
BT
NRA LIFE
NAHC LIFE

[This message has been edited by BloodyThumb (edited 11-18-2001).]

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BloodyThumb
Thanks that is just the first hand kind of info I was looking for on Ed's guns. decisions, decisions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts