1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I just send in a slide to have the front sight replaced or do you need the whole gun :confused:

I bought two of these last month with one intending to go on my CCO Lightweight

Thanks

Sights I.jpg

·
Registered
431 Posts
When I asked them when the XR sights were announced, they said they only needed the slide.

They sent me the link to purchase the slide shipping label on their site as well.

Also, fwiw, I was going to send the slide from my Les Bear TRS to them, just haven’t got around to it.

-Ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be good news, it's a heck of lot cheaper to send the slide 2 day than the entire gun overnight.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
That would be good news, it's a heck of lot cheaper to send the slide 2 day than the entire gun overnight.
You can use 2 day shipping even with the whole gun. Ed Brown will send you a mailing label. This way it's them shipping the gun, not you.

Also, I highly recommend the $99 tune up. This includes replacing common springs and just generally checking the gun out. They may even install your sights as part of this package.

Give them a call. They may not answer the phone, but you can leave a message and they'll get back with you. Also, contacting them through email works well.

I just went on their website and saw that they even have a slide shipping label. It's $40 for round trip shipping.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, I highly recommend the $99 tune up. This includes replacing common springs and just generally checking the gun out. They may even install your sights as part of this package.
I only have 400-500 rounds through this gun, I doubt it needs a tune-up. But I appreciate the post.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
I sent in one of my slides for an RMR retro. Shipping was priority insured under $13.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
slide is being sent in tomorrow, I took the Ed Brown Rep's suggestion and bought the two-way label for $35 and to replace the site is $25, which isn't bad.

I was told the turn around would be several days. They must have one dedicated sight changer there just waiting for the next gun to arrive.

If it comes back without tool marks I'll be delighted and maybe start carrying this gun finally.

This change should make the front sight finally visible, see fr yourself

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, I thought I posted an update. turn around was very fast, like 10 days from ship out to back in my hands and half of that was shipping. Brown only had the gun for 3 or 4 days.

I love my two XD HR's, amazing sights, the yellow is on my CCO and the red on my DW CBOB

0121191530.jpg

0121191538.jpg

0111191500a.jpg

0111191505.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts