1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed and order last week for what is an unusual combination. I asked for a EDC X9 frame with a eXperior Compact Double Stack Slide. The reason for this combination is that I wanted a fully adjustable rear sight which is not available with a EDC X9 slide. However I like the XTAC Texture on the Frontstrap/Backstrap which you get with the EDC X9 frame. I discussed this with the Customer Support people and everyone thinks that getting the gun this way will not be an issue.

Skipping for now your opinion if this is a good combination or not, I wonder if anyone else has gotten this configuration?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Im a bit confused at your sights comment, my X9 has an adjustable rear sight on it.

Either way, seems fine, I like the XTac quite a bit so I think it's a good call to get that.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im a bit confused at your sights comment, my X9 has an adjustable rear sight on it.

Either way, seems fine, I like the XTac quite a bit so I think it's a good call to get that.
It is my understanding that the rear sight on the EDC X9 is only adjustable for elevation. The fully adjustable rear sights that WC offers for other handguns has both windage and elevation adjustments.

·
Super Moderator
14,377 Posts
Zogger - sounds like an interesting build, and from their response it sounds like it will be a first. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
196 Posts
So is the rear dovetail on the EDC X9 slide different then the dovetail on a their traditional slide? I know the front sight mount is proprietary and different but thought the rear was standard?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So is the rear dovetail on the EDC X9 slide different then the dovetail on a their traditional slide? I know the front sight mount is proprietary and different but thought the rear was standard?
According to what I have found out, yes the rear site is also different.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The experior slide looks nice. From what I gather, differences vs x9 are rear sight, serrations, extractor. There’s a recent video from honest outlaw that says the experion has more 1911 parts on it. Other than the extractor, anyone else know what parts are different vs the x9?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to what I have found out, yes the rear site is also different.
Update: I saw a youtube where a guy replaced his EDC X9 sight with a Kensight Adjustable Defensive Rear Sight 1911 Novak LoMount Cut Steel Black Fully Serrated Blade. He had issues removing the existing X9 rear sight but did not appear to have any issues putting on the replacement rear sight. So it can be done. However, WC does not offer a fully adjustable rear sight for the EDC X9.

·
Super Moderator
14,377 Posts
The experior slide looks nice. From what I gather, differences vs x9 are rear sight, serrations, extractor. There’s a recent video from honest outlaw that says the experion has more 1911 parts on it. Other than the extractor, anyone else know what parts are different vs the x9?
The Experior single-stack appears to have the traditional grip safety, where the double-stack doesn't. So perhaps a few different parts, depending on model.

Reactions: gocanes

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got a call from WC today. They are starting the kitting process. They called to confirm I did want the EDC X9 frame with the eXperior slide; which I do. As I explained my rationale, the reply was "Hey, neat idea! It should work." So it is a go for now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts