1911Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kimber makes some decent 1911s for the money.

First 1911 I ever owned was a Kimber Arctic LW 45. It shot wonderfully and never ran into any issues with it.

Kimber 1911s can be funny but mostly its due to their magazines, swap the Kimber mag for a Wilson, Ed Brown, Tripp or any reputable brand you want and youll have zero issue.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The Kimber I bought in 2015 was a Micro380 CDP. Again, having been through their Custom Shop, the QC was higher and everything was tighter.
Dont meen to be a Dick but have to point out that Kimber has no Custom Shop. They put the roll mark on thier guns but they are just like all the other kimbers with more cosmedic options. They will do work on your gun but no new from the factory customs. Im not a hater I love my three kimbers but I stop at the TLE (night sights and front strap checkering) as the more expensive models are the same gun with added fetures. My TLE is a great gun and a tack driver. I also have a Kimber with a LW frame (Kimber Pro Carry) that had a minor issue when new that was easly corrected and has a few thousand rounds through it with no further issues. I trust my life to it as it is my EDC.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I've seen & handled the Kimber full size LW, though haven't shot it. I'm impressed. I've shot other Kimbers & they are great guns.
Glad that one followed you home, Congratulations. Some change the full length guide rod to the std guide rod because if makes for easier takedown.
I'll bet I'm not the only one who'd be interested in a range report when you take it out.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I like my LW a lot. It was a tad bit finicky about reloaded ammunition, but a little tweaking of my reloads solved that issue. Nary a blip with factory ammo. I did some dressing up on it, replacing the slide stop, mag release and trigger with stainless steel (for contrast. the rest of the gun is black) and replacing the thumb safety with a stainless ambi. I also changed out the grips for a pair of fake ivory scrimshawed grips with a cross on one panel and the first part of Psalm 23 on the other. It's been designated my "BBQ gun" :giggle:

Photograph Light Air gun Trigger Grey

21 - 24 of 24 Posts