1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any preferences or opinions on where the ejected brass should go after it leaves the ejection port? My own 1911 tends to kick them up and forward, at a 45 degree angle to the bore axis.

I've always figured that the empty case can go anywhere it wants as long as it vacates the premises and makes room for the next tenant.

Also, how does the relationship between the ejector and extractor determine where the brass flies?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I prefer that all of my brass eject up and far to the right as my Browning Hi-Power does without fail, rather than in my eyes or forehead, like many series 70 Colts have the potential to do....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Since I save my brass, I like mine to drop in a neat pile 2-3 feet at 4 o'clock. I just bought a spare extractor and filed it down til the brass stopped "spewing".

·
Registered
146 Posts
depends....

If I'm target shooting I would like the brass to land in the 3 lb coffee can about 2 ft to my right.... I reload & this way I wouldn't have to pick up the brass. If I'm shootin' a BG I would like the brass to move down range on-target at 1500 fps.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Brass from my Kimber lands 4 feet away at 3 o-clock.
So...

you can only shoot in the late afternoon?

:confused:

{rimshot}

·
Registered
953 Posts
My brass lands 6 feet back at 4:00. I installed a new extractor that threw the brass forward, but I worked with it until it went where I wanted.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Each of my colts and Para's send brass out differently. Those of you who have posted that you reworked your extractor to move the point of impact of the brass, PLEASE tell me how it is done, and where the material should be removed. I would love to tune up my favorites so they ejected into a single area, but I haven't a clue. Thks, Ethan.:confused:

·
Registered
81 Posts
At my indoor range with baffel boards on each side of the shooting stations the brass ends up hitting just above my right eye. It's great practice in learning how to concentrate on the sights despite distractions.
On the other hand when I shoot at an outdoor range I have this strange twitch on my face.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I wish all my guns shot like my HK91/G3 clone......40 feet to 3 0' Clock 10 benches down and right down another shooters shirt neck.....

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
414 Posts
My CZ-52 in 7.62x25 puts all of its brass into low earth orbit. You don't have to worry about picking it up.

(It must come down somewhere but I haven't found more than 2 or 3 empties out of a hundred fired outdoors.)

Gregg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts