1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Foster Recon Frame and a Caspian 9mm slide w/ ext extractor.

I finally received all of my parts from Brownells to include my EZ fit barrel. Once I took care of that and moved to my ejector only to find out that my ejector does not fit through the slide cutout. I'm using an EGW Ejector, and the top portion seems to be too wide. It's very possible that EGW leaves this portion on the wide side for fitting and I'm ok with doing that, but the bottom portion doesn't fill up the slide cut( at least it appears that it will be that way, as I wasn't able to finish filing the top portion.) Would it possibly be a problem with the slide? I know not likely, but covering my bases here.
I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this problem and what you used to fix it. I will probably order another ejector and fit for a spare anyway but I just wanna know.

Thanks
Kael

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Ah those stinkin EGW guys! Oh My Gosh.

First we can be wrong. IT should be the ejectors is .187 wide if it is the one for a super or 9mm or 10mm for that matter. the ejector should be wider in the front and the back narrowed for the hammer to fall. around .135 in the back section

If somehow you received a 45 ejector it will be .145 ish wide (Im home so I can not measure it tonight) and be the same width from front to back.

let us know if we need to send you something different.

geo

www.egwguns.com

·
Registered
511 Posts
Extractor tunnel size

Not to steel this thread, but what size reamer or stone would you use to clean up the inside of the tunnel of both a 45acp and a 9mm slide, or is there another method?

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
The barrel channel?
you do not want to enlarge it than but to smooth it.

perhaps a 5/8 wood dowel and some 320 paper to smooth things out a little.

geo

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My ejector is insanely long, Leads me to believe it is for a 9mm. But I will see when I go off shift in the morning. Thanks for the dimensions, we'll see.

To make it obvious I am in no way accusing EGW of being wrong, as every part I've ever had from them has been of impeccable quality. I may have mixed up my ejecors or received the wrong one.

Thanks
Kael

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Hi,

Our ejectors are long in the front so the gunsmith can trim it to suit your use be it 9mm (as you mention the longest stock ejector) or 40 or what have you.

You will also find the back of our ejector is long to allow you to blend it to match the slide and frame. Often ejectors are short in the back so to get a good blend you need to face the slide and frame forward to meet the ejector. We know may Smith's use our parts so we leave the front and back long to allow a perfect fit.

The ejectors are appx 45 RC so you can file it. Grinding on tool steel heats the spot and is not the way to go.

hope this helps
geo

www.egwguns.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts