1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is the ejector supposed to be tightly staked into the frame? Is looseness ok? I have a pistol that has an ejector that I could easily wobble with my fingers. Mostly the rear peg. I didn't notice this before. I am newer to the 1911's and with each cleaning I am learning more and more about the function of the parts. This may be why I didn't notice the wobble before. I have other pistols that a little loose but not as much.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The slide will keep it from falling out. You can actually run it without a pin on the front leg. AS long as your ejection is good and consistent, nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
For a range-only pistol it's probably ok but if one of the legs breaks off you may end up paying more to get that bugger out than you would to have it replaced/repaired now. Springfield Armory doesn't pin some of their ejectors and many of them come loose. Those frames need to be drilled for the retaining pin.

For a duty or self-defense pistol, I'd definitly have it secured properly or Mr. Murphy might make it break in a gunfight when you need it most.

·
Registered
159 Posts
S.A. locktites the ejectors on some of their pistols, I had one come out. I replaced it with a Wilson that fit snug, after researching adhesives I used a different type of locktite. Better than pinning? I don't know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.