1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a series II with IX and when the casing ejects it heads right for my head. It wont throw the round to the side just straight back sometimes between the eyes sometimes down my shirt. Is this normal or do I have a problem?

· Banned
1,290 Posts
Not sure what an IX is. Do you meant internal extractor?
Most Kimbers do not have enough tension on the extractor. Adjusting it to the proper tension cures most head shots. If not slightly bevel the ejector.

· Registered
114 Posts
awall said:
yes internal extracor. I have two Kimbers doing this after they were sent back to Kimber and had slides replaced for internal extractor.
I would like to hear more on the two Series II Kimbers that have replacement slides with internal extractor compliments of Kimber. Care to share the story?

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OpsMgr said:
I would like to hear more on the two Series II Kimbers that have replacement slides with internal extractor compliments of Kimber. Care to share the story?[/QUOTE

I bought the two handgns in July this year. Both the SS Ultra Carry II and Pro CDP came with ex. I had problems with them right off the bat. Ultra would not extract about 60% of the time and CDP would not return to full battery about 40% of the time. I only had about 150 rounds in each one when I called Dennis at Kimber. He told me to box them both up and send them to him. Kimber paid for shipping both ways for both guns. I got the Ultra back in 13 days and it had a new slide with ix on it. I got the CDP back in about 30 days and it also had the slide replaced with ix. I've only put about 350 rounds through each off them so far and no problems exept the shell caseing hitting me in the head about 75% of the time on both guns. Other than that their great.

· Banned
1,290 Posts
Guess that's just one more reason why I buy a Series 1 every chance I get. Bought a Stainless Target .45 the other day from a friend of mine. Did a quick 2 lb trigger job, adjusted the extractor and put in an 11# recoil spring with buff. It's ready for ESP now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.