1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes a good pair electronic ear protection? I bought pair labled "Remmington" from Walmart, $99, and I could not pass them up. Especially since I have seen prices in the $200+ range. The quality looks good and I will give them a try tomorrow. Any other good brands out there?

77Bronc

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a set of Pro Ears Sporting Clays Dimension 1 that I really like a lot. They sound very natural and don't clip in and out like some other designs. Got them at Brownells for $150.

[This message has been edited by GG45ACP (edited 09-08-2001).]

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'll second the Pro Ears. I've got two pairs of the "Slim line" units and am always impressed with their performance. The gunfire is muted to a safe decibel level, but still loud enough to remind you that you're firing "da big guns!"

·
Registered
143 Posts
ProEars Dimension III, Sporting Clays-
The level of ear protection when firing is a lot more comfortable than the electronic protectors that cut-out at loud noise. Something neat about the gunfire sound actively "compressing" rather than just going passive that makes a real difference in what you hear.

HTH!

------------------
SKD Tactical Accessories
www.skdtac.com
Your source for hard-core, no-bs gear.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joe D,

Did not get a chance to try them this past weekend, the RO for the pistol section did not show up, I was the only pistol shooter and they would not let me shoot by my self. The bad part is I am having surgery Friday and will be out for 8 weeks, no shooting.

Joe, when you say "Clipping" do you mean, chopping off the 85dB+ but still letting a lot of sound through?

Thanks,

77Bronc

·
Registered
645 Posts
I sold my Peltor/Dillon HP-1's to save up for a pair of "Pro Ears" slimline. The Remington product would be similar or the same.

These are cool. You can hear a frog fart in the next county while there is no shooting going on.

The clipping in and out and amplification of gunfire in adjoining bays was distracting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts