1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was the elite a special run of Kimber?

Is the elite an earlier madel CDP?

A friend has one so I'm getting information for him. He was told that his compact elite went through the custom shop and was worth new around $1200. That sounds kind of high to me. What do you guys think?

plunker

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have the Ultra CDP Elite Sts II it was a 2002 model year pistol. They also made a Ultra CDP Elite II that same year which is the same pistol but with a dark finish, I don't know what it is called.

The MSRP for mine was $1,155. I got it new for $975 and I saw one today used for $895. The MSRP for the non stainless was $1,216. Both models were to the best of my knowledge the first Kimbers to have a ramped match grade barrel. Here is a pic of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
If the word Elite isn't followed by CDP or STS CDP then your friend has the predecessor to the CDP. I think the Elite models were made in 1999 and I believe the production run was less than 2000. Kimber had the production numbers on their site for a while, don't know if it is still there.

Tim

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the markings on his slide are Kimber elite or custom shop. I have not checked if his is a series one or two. I assume if there is no two on the slide he has one of the elites that you are describing.

Thanks
plunker

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yes, I should have mentioned that it says Custom Shop on the slide just like the CDPs and they are series I. some of the small details are a little different than the series 1 CDPs, but for the most part they are identical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts