1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
I hit a paywall with the Washington Post and I will never pay those commies one red cent to support their spread of commie propaganda.

Nevertheless, the same stories appear elsewhere and is available on Fox news free, Musk says took four COVID-19 tests; two were positive, two negative

Anyhow, I think he got infected, cured himself, got infected again, and then cured himself... all in one day!!! No? :giggle:

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The Antigen “instant tests“ have an accuracy rate of 85% or so. They are not counted as a positive until a molecular (PCR) test is completed. The antigen tests are a good way to mass -test an asymptomatic population. The positives are then retested with the better test which usually takes 48 hours. We treat the positive Antigens as if they are positive until we get the supporting results from the PCR. The Departments of Health do not count them as positive until the PCR confirms. In Mr. Musk’s case, none of those will count as positive until a PCR test result confirms positive. Being symptomatic, he should not have waged his time or our resources with a BD antigen test. All symptomatics should go directly to a PCR as you would need one to confirm both positive and negatives from the antigen (because he has symptoms).

·
Premium Member
7,754 Posts
Bologna! It is quite obvious that the rapid tests ARE being counted. There is no way that the entire country erupts with commie cases on election day recently following the mass distribution of the rapid tests. They are not waiting to follow up with the PCR. If they are, what’s the point?? Why do a false rapid test in the first place. By the way, that 85% accuracy rate is Bulls#!t too. That’s a number from the lab. If Elon can get 50% accuracy from the SAME place with the same nurse, in the same day, I would say the test is garbage. The hype on the news is garbage.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Bologna! It is quite obvious that the rapid tests ARE being counted. There is no way that the entire country erupts with commie cases on election day recently following the mass distribution of the rapid tests. They are not waiting to follow up with the PCR. If they are, what’s the point?? Why do a false rapid test in the first place. By the way, that 85% accuracy rate is Bulls#!t too. That’s a number from the lab. If Elon can get 50% accuracy from the SAME place with the same nurse, in the same day, I would say the test is garbage. The hype on the news is garbage.
My account is from what I see and live as I operate nursing homes. Your experience with right wing memes may differ.

·
Premium Member
7,754 Posts
Nursing homes play by an entirely different set of rules as dictated by state mandates.
It has already been well established even before the “rapid” tests that reporting has been bogus. How about the nurses that sent in unused tests that all came back positive? All of the claims of false positives across the country? Do you honestly believe that ALL of these rapid tests are followed up with a PCR test before a positive label is added to the list? C’mon man, the entire country, all at the same time, after a year of this being around and supposedly the most mask wearing ever? Nope. The stage is still being built. Funny how the sun and rainbows will come out in Q1 with a new president that wiped out the Corona by himself.
Sure, some hospitals have more cases because it is getting colder out and people have gone inside (where they were anyway), but this is far from the hype the media is dishing out. Listen to it! By all accounts, there should be dead piling up in the streets. Funny how no one on Good Morning America or The View has died. That’s how it’s being played.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
The false negative rates of current generation antigen tests is about 50%. Musk‘s experience would be normal from a statistical perspective if he is indeed infected. Today’s antigen tests are about as useless as RT-PCR for mitigation of SARS-CoV-2 spread.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The question is about the real quality of testing. A lot of biomaterial is taken, and in this regard, the question is, does the quality of the survey suffer from the quantity? It seems to me that it affects. Therefore, we get a high percentage of incorrect results if the person is not actually infected or is in the initial stages of pathology.

·
Premium Member
7,754 Posts
The entirety of the problem is not arguing if Covid is real, of course it is. The problem is that of over-hyping and making it sound as if one of every three Americans are going to die. True to form, our stupid media is announcing panic buying and shortages “will probably occur” again. Way to go you idiots, I though it was illegal to yell fire in a theatre.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The entirety of the problem is not arguing if Covid is real, of course it is. The problem is that of over-hyping and making it sound as if one of every three Americans are going to die. True to form, our stupid media is announcing panic buying and shortages “will probably occur” again. Way to go you idiots, I though it was illegal to yell fire in a theatre.
The law is not written for fools, they deliberately create panic, instead of adequately informing the population, explaining that many people are asymptomatic and at the same time are a source of infection for others. Why doesn't anyone adequately explain the need for social distancing and masking? They just say "must" and guess why and how it will help.

·
Premium Member
7,754 Posts
That’s all that most of us have ever asked for. Just give us the truth, explain it correctly, give us the honest numbers. Perhaps it had to be a scare tactic. Thats the only way the stupid liberals could follow along, the election could be stolen and Fauci would become rich.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
My account is from what I see and live as I operate nursing homes. Your experience with right wing memes may differ.
Ah yes, the places where most are on her last legs due to lifetimes of choices that may have had detrimental effects and who are too sick for their families to be bothered to take care of them.

The BEST place to form an opinion of this issue.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
It would be nice if it actually was really deadly since it would show how useless the "safety" practices we are using really are.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Ah yes, the places where most are on her last legs due to lifetimes of choices that may have had detrimental effects and who are too sick for their families to be bothered to take care of them.

The BEST place to form an opinion of this issue.
Ah yes...the internet...even better place than the real world. Facts suck. I’m not some lefty troll. It’s funny how we conservatives rail against fake news and then form our arguments from memes and, well, fake news. I generally don’t spend time on arguing this disease...far more time spent battling it. I believe that this was a successful biological attack on us by China. It essentially toppled a strong government. I believe that. I have no proof and won’t try to convince others, but I believe it. I also KNOW that two months ago, I had Covid in one or two buildings. I now have it in all of them. These rapid tests have given us the agility to isolate and cohort. Not 100% perfect, but far better than what we had early in the pandemic. I will also say, based on experience, that either our ability to treat the disease has either improved significantly or the virus has weakened as I am seeing far fewer hospitalizations and deaths among the symptomatic. Should everyone wear masks, stop dancing, and limit turkey dinners? I have my opinions, but I don’t have time for that ****. My post was simply a factual description of how the tests are used, how they work, and how the departments of health handle the info. I used the caveat that I work in nursing homes as a factual representation of why I know what I know. I’m sure if anyone in healthcare read my post or shared it with a spouse who works in healthcare, they would say “yep”, that’s what it is.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Ah yes...the internet...even better place than the real world. Facts suck. I’m not some lefty troll. It’s funny how we conservatives rail against fake news and then form our arguments from memes and, well, fake news. I generally don’t spend time on arguing this disease...far more time spent battling it. I believe that this was a successful biological attack on us by China. It essentially toppled a strong government. I believe that. I have no proof and won’t try to convince others, but I believe it. I also KNOW that two months ago, I had Covid in one or two buildings. I now have it in all of them. These rapid tests have given us the agility to isolate and cohort. Not 100% perfect, but far better than what we had early in the pandemic. I will also say, based on experience, that either our ability to treat the disease has either improved significantly or the virus has weakened as I am seeing far fewer hospitalizations and deaths among the symptomatic. Should everyone wear masks, stop dancing, and limit turkey dinners? I have my opinions, but I don’t have time for that ****. My post was simply a factual description of how the tests are used, how they work, and how the departments of health handle the info. I used the caveat that I work in nursing homes as a factual representation of why I know what I know. I’m sure if anyone in healthcare read my post or shared it with a spouse who works in healthcare, they would say “yep”, that’s what it is.
My dads an ER director, and we regularly discuss the current state of covid. My views on it are directly influenced by what is actually happening. Try again.

·
Premium Member
7,754 Posts
Pretty much what you say is the opposite of what we are being fed these last few weeks. Oh, I believe the Chicom’s are behind this 100%, but you say the virus has weakened and hospitalizations are down? According to every piece of crap broadcast, this thing is out of control (lie). Here’s the nursing home thing. And, yes, I have had recent experience with my dad there. You tell me how in the world, with electrostatic sprayers, all staff gloved and gowned, masked and shielded to the extent greater than any household, how does this stuff get in there? All those precautions and the virus gets through. We are supposed to believe that a home made piece of underwear fashioned into a mask is going to prevent catching the virus in a WalMart with 500 people? Get real. These ridiculous futile acts that the public is carrying out are just plain stupid. Now, they launch a rapid test that has a 50% chance of being right. What kind of lunacy is that? AND it reacts with ANY virus!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Pretty much what you say is the opposite of what we are being fed these last few weeks. Oh, I believe the Chicom’s are behind this 100%, but you say the virus has weakened and hospitalizations are down? According to every piece of crap broadcast, this thing is out of control (lie). Here’s the nursing home thing. And, yes, I have had recent experience with my dad there. You tell me how in the world, with electrostatic sprayers, all staff gloved and gowned, masked and shielded to the extent greater than any household, how does this stuff get in there? All those precautions and the virus gets through. We are supposed to believe that a home made piece of underwear fashioned into a mask is going to prevent catching the virus in a WalMart with 500 people? Get real. These ridiculous futile acts that the public is carrying out are just plain stupid. Now, they launch a rapid test that has a 50% chance of being right. What kind of lunacy is that? AND it reacts with ANY virus!
I could not agree with you more. I was just having this conversation with my team this morning. We have the PPE...we follow the CDC guidelines under heavy threat of penalty...visits are closely controlled and monitored...staff screened before every entrance into the building...staff tested 1-2 times per week....and still...

·
Registered
128 Posts
I appreciate people providing some facts and experience, not assertions or feels. Especially the day the US rolled over quarter million dead from COVID.

Here is a hint on continued COVID transmission.

Multiple COVID-19 Outbreaks Linked to a Wedding Reception in Rural Maine — August 7–September 14, 2020

To mitigate transmission, persons should avoid large gatherings, practice physical distancing, wear masks, stay home when ill, and self-quarantine after exposure to a person with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Then show him my post and ask him if I’m wrong on any single fact.
He is of the opinion all of this is a massive waste and the results of this overreaction will lead to far greater problems than the virus's is ever capable of. The deaths from this are massively exaggerated and he went into detail how cause of death and covid reporting actually works in the hospitals and how it's inflated to increase revenue since they get paid more from insurance and the government if they have covid patients vs reporting it like they normally would.

Reactions: Nitro.45
1 - 20 of 34 Posts