1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elon Musk just posted on Twitter an image with the caption that these were on his nightstand. The Flintlock pistol probably has an impressive historical provenance, like once belonging to George Washington. But for the life of me I cannot figure out if the other "revolver" is some 3d produced prop he made when he was bored, some experimental "rail gun" firing something other than standard ammunition or a movie prop. Opinions?
Revolver Bottle Drinkware Picture frame Barware

· Registered
1911 Addict
947 Posts
Saw this on another site , the revolver is a replica of one used on a video game. He’s a weird fellow ,who knows …
I doubt he has much need for a bedside firearm and has plenty of security around him especially when he’s sleeping and dreaming about space .

· Registered
464 Posts
Saw this on another site , the revolver is a replica of one used on a video game. He’s a weird fellow ,who knows …
I doubt he has much need for a bedside firearm and has plenty of security around him especially when he’s sleeping and dreaming about space .
I guess being the richest guy in the world gives him the right to be a bit weird.

· Registered
1,634 Posts
Replica of the Diamondback.357 from the video game Deus Ex Human Relations.
Yep, looks like it.

Which of course if we are going to go all in for symbolism and whatnot, Musk has been in the past for pushing transhumanism, which of course the pitfalls thereof is the cornerstone theme of all the Deus Ex games.

· Registered
138 Posts
They already are, from the news coverage I saw.
Sounds about right. The standard gun control argument is that nobody needs "high" capacity magazines because those weren't available when the 2A was written. Then when somebody shows their night stand gun is something George Washington used, they go berserk because nobody in their right mind would need something like that.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts