1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone comment on comparison of these two companies as to quality, metallurgy, etc. ? How do they compare with other companies such as Ed Brown, Wilson,etc. ?

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,220 Posts
EGW parts are as good as any. They build competition guns that see ten thousand or more rounds per year, so the parts have to be tough. I have one of their slide stops, a front sight custom-made to fit an oddball dovetail, and their firing pin stops reside in almost all of my 1911s.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I agree with Rick B...their parts are high quality and built to last. their firing pin stop is the best I've seen and they are fitted to my personal 1911's

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
George Smith builds great parts and great guns..
He continually tests his parts and keeps improving them. I would not hesitate putting an EGW part in any of my guns..

·
Registered
194 Posts
Have an EGW Sear inbound for the EMC Wide Spur Hammer in my Springy GI.45.

The EMC Hammer is first class, finished well, and all angles and checkering are sharp. It was a perfect drop-in for me, and I am looking forward to see how it plays with the EGW Match sear out of the box.

I'll let you know how the fit together.

UPDATE:

The Hammer-Sear fit works fine out of the box. With the factory-prepped Springfield Sear, the Hammer=Trigger feel was great.

With the out of the box EGW sear and same hammer...it felt gritty. I have it back to my 'Smith for a real action job. I suspect the EGW seer drops in fine, but needs some hand-finishing to provide a smooth as glass, quality trigger job.
Again, I am learning there's no such thing as "drop-in".

Well worth the money for the parts though.

·
Registered
217 Posts
EGW Parts.

I use EGW barrel bushings on all my pistols. I use the thick angled bushings. Accuracy is greatly improved when you fit one of these bushings from EGW.

·
Registered
890 Posts
The EGW extractor is the best finished extractor I've seen. I've used their slide stop, angle bored bushing and firing pin stop.

EGW is my first choice in 1911 parts and I've "home smithed" with a lot of parts from most of the makers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts