1911Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I think I will keep it 😁. All in about 350rds, my cranky shoulder is pooped out. FTF, one each first two mags. After that, ran without issue, even with 30 rds oh JHP sprinkled in after the first 200 FMJ’s. The black targets are 1/3 size silhouettes. They are cheap and make me focus a bit more. The blue silhouette is full size. Not that it matters much, I am no bulls eye shooter. Combat accuracy is my crutch! 🙄

• Grips, love ‘em
  • the slimness of the gun over all… not a single complaint
  • the sights, big fan… easy to pick up
  • recoil… as an all steel .45 should be
  • overall, happy camper with this new shooter

White Camera lens Neck Sleeve Reflex camera
Sleeve Art Font Drink Logo
Black Font Art Tints and shades Circle
Liquid Product Automotive tire Sleeve Fluid

·
Registered
207 Posts
Damn that thing is Beautiful!! I have been doing everything I can to talk myself out of it. I have so many 1911’s already, but I just can’t seem to put it to rest.
I made a new policy for myself, I have to sell one to buy one. Not so much a financial thing but how bad I want it has to be reflected by how willing I am to give up one. I have already sworn to myself twice that I will not have to buy another safe, I am working hard to keep that promise! 🤪🤣

·
Premium Member
Prefer Commanders
3,276 Posts
I just absolutely refuse to sell off a working and 100% 1911 for another one so my collection just continues to grow. I sold off a Ruger SR1911 to get the Guardian but I hated that Ruger with a passion. It never ran smoothly enough to suit me. I should have kept it and gotten it 100% but I just never did like it or trust it so...... I will trade a Ruger for a DW any time. Sold the Ruger for $950.00 and paid $1399 for the DW so $450 spent to get this one. I think thats a fair uptrade.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn that thing is Beautiful!! I have been doing everything I can to talk myself out of it. I have so many 1911’s already, but I just can’t seem to put it to rest.
I made a new policy for myself, I have to sell one to buy one. Not so much a financial thing but how bad I want it has to be reflected by how willing I am to give up one. I have already sworn to myself twice that I will not have to buy another safe, I am working hard to keep that promise! 🤪🤣
Ha! That’s what happened to me…. I saw it the first time and reflexifly started to do research while telling myself… too much money, don’t need it, probably just another Springer 1911, I have 2 already…. I then sold my Springer XDm 3.8 full-size, sold my blood, collected soda bottles and cleaned strangers windsheild…. After shooting it, totally worth it!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL I am eating top ramen and quit drinking bourbon to finance my WC on order. It is going to be a LOOONG 9 months to get it built LOL
To rich for me, particularly if I had to give up BOURBON! Sipping a little 101 as I type thiz… beslides, I asbgrd the Wilform womblat and thug wkgsdfr. Zzzzzzzzzzzz😴

·
Premium Member
Prefer Commanders
3,276 Posts
Ha Ha LOL thats priceless, this has me laughing Thanks for that. Have one for me too or at least keep me in your thoughts. I had to make some sacrifice,s especially in this economy to get the Guardian and the upcoming ULC Pro on order. So sort of a long Lent here. I haven't had a drink for a month now or a steak or dinner out since the Bash, I figure at this rate the Wilson will be almost paid for, the new Guardian is paid for and all the necessary to load 38 Super is in place. and I can CC the balance. Sort of a balancing act ME vs Biden now and the gauntlet has been thrown. He and the left are trying to break us financially and morally and disarm us. I am adding to my ability to protect myself "In Style"

·
Premium Member
Prefer Commanders
3,276 Posts
I am going to strap up in a few and head back to my little range behind the shops to shoot a few just because I have this privilege due to the sacrifices of the many that have given their lives to protect my freedoms

Thank you and all before you for your service.

With a Commander sized 1911 in 45acp and a 5.56 pistol I built, slung. 21 at least shot salute to this day!!! Pic to follow LOL

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Have one myself.
Love the grenade checkering.
Like the u notch site picture for quick combat accuracy.
Generally happy with the purchase.

Reactions: Donns

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just absolutely refuse to sell off a working and 100% 1911 for another one so my collection just continues to grow. I sold off a Ruger SR1911 to get the Guardian but I hated that Ruger with a passion. It never ran smoothly enough to suit me. I should have kept it and gotten it 100% but I just never did like it or trust it so...... I will trade a Ruger for a DW any time. Sold the Ruger for $950.00 and paid $1399 for the DW so $450 spent to get this one. I think thats a fair uptrade.
Let me clarify I have to sale a gun to buy a gun. None of my current 1911’s are going anywhere unless someone offered STUPID money for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts