1911Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone using for holsters to conceil your EMP?

I am pretty convinced that the EMP is gonna be my next purchase and want an idea on what the best holster for this pistol is.

Right now I carry a Kimber Pro CDPII in a Wilson Combat pancake holster. It took some getting used to but I now like it alot.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sparks VM2 for me.
Any 3" 1911 holster will work just fine.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I just trimmed down(shortened) an old Gordon Davis 455 IWB that is similar to the Summer special and ,being older, the pouch is soft so no break in required. I hate the hard finish of the pouch on the SSpecial From Sparks but keep on buying them anyway.

outa here

markwell

·
Registered
5 Posts
Matt Del Fatti ISP-LP
Hello PieEye:
Right now I carry mine in a Galco Concealable and that works pretty well, I like it quite a bit. However, I have a DelFatti LP-HTL for my P7M8's and I like that holster much better. I hope you don't mind my asking, but did you pick your LP up from DelFatti or somewhere else like Lightning Arms?

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
I use a Don Hume with the leather body shield,as here in Az., the weather usually has me wearing the weapon next to my skin.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Comp-Tac MTAC holster.

I'm really happy with it, it's very comfortable. Worth every penny. You can buy it direct from comp-tac.com, no waiting 8 months like for a Sparks. Not that the Sparks holsters aren't nice, I just find these to be more concealable, less expensive, just as comfortable and if you buy it today you'll get it in about a week. Customer service at Comp-Tac is great, too. :rock:

Holster with shirt tucked in:

Untucked:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies guys. For those of you that use the IWB holsters, do you find it harder to draw vs. an OWB holster?

I mean I would suspect that the pistol is held tightly between your body and your belt.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello PieEye:
Right now I carry mine in a Galco Concealable and that works pretty well, I like it quite a bit. However, I have a DelFatti LP-HTL for my P7M8's and I like that holster much better. I hope you don't mind my asking, but did you pick your LP up from DelFatti or somewhere else like Lightning Arms?
I just happend to luck out and stumbled across it at Lightning Arms. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just happend to luck out and stumbled across it at Lightning Arms. :)
Thanks PieEye...I thought that might be the case. I have that HTL and a shoulder rig of his, and they are both worth every extra penny.

Polaris: The world is divided into two camps Inside and Outside. I don't think you are going to avoid going through one or two types before you get one that is perfect for you. Try an inexpensive option each way and see what you think. Right now, I am using an Uncle Mikes $12.00 IWB, and you know what? It works pretty darn good.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Since the pistol is very close in size to a 3" .45, any holster designed for a 3" .45 will work just fine. I use a quality IWB holster for mine. It draws just fine fromm that holster.

·
Registered
58 Posts
D.M. Bullard Holster

I use a D.M. Bullard Holster. They are all hand made in Azle, Texas (outside of Fort Worth.) David is very easy to work with and the fit and finish is outstanding. I expecially like the cant of the holster. It makes it very easy to conceal. I currently have the Bodyguard and am going to purchase the Dual Carry Conceal Holster with Bodyguard for in wasteband carry. It was not available when I purchased mine. Great holster!!! his website is http://www.dmbullardleather.com/index.html

1 - 19 of 19 Posts