1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the 1911 world and this is my first post, woo hoo.
I'm looking to buy my first 1911 and I have a couple of questions about Charles Daly's guns.

1. The FST has adjustable sights and the FS has fixed sights. Are there any other differences between these guns and has anyone seen the Empire FST? Impressions?

2. The CD website says "Currently, our FS models are 98% Colt interchangeable. By March 1st, 2001 they will be 100% Colt interchangeable." Does anyone know what that 2% is?

Thanks guys for the info!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an fs model i bought back in august.
I was just looking it over trying to find any parts that look like they won't interchange with a Colt. Just by looking at my Colt and my Charles Daly, I figure out what is not interchangeable. I am only guessing but maybe it is the grip safety or the thumb safety. I just looked again and maybe it is the barrel and the slide. My Colt is an older model and i have read on here soemwhere that colt is now using a narrow hood on the barrel. Maybe that is what they are talking about.
The Charles Daly i have has been a very good gun and I think they are a bargain at their low price. I gave around $350 for mine.

·
Registered
331 Posts
One of the things that is different from the colt is the grip screws. The thread is different, but the thread for the screw bushings is the same. Since i use the Daly screws when I changed grips, it was no big deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts