1911Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys another stupid question i just picked up my new cd ems i came home ans striped and cleaned ti and noticed it has a bull barrel, i thought these were only on the compact models i also noticed i dont have a barrel bushing i dont think it would need them with a bull barrel but the owners manual states one should be there it even has a part #. can anybody that has one of the new enhanced model tell me if you guys have a barrel bushing or the bull barrel. thanks im just kind of confused. it takes down completly differnt than any of my other 1911s i still cant get over having to use a paper clip to remove the recoil spring guide rode any info would be great. thanks Ronald

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i emaled cd support we will see what they say. it has a reverse barrel plug-at least thats what i think you call it. its differnt the barrel even stics out of the slide a little looks funky. i will try to post picts tonight after work maybe that will help you guys. or maybe cd can gives us a answer. thanks for the reply Vega.

·
Registered
192 Posts
sounds like you got a bull barrell which requires the reverse plug. If you got that on an EMS (4" barrel full grip) I'd say you should be pretty happy. At least I'd prefer to have the bull barrel setup with that gun.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jrf yep thats what i have. i do have the reverse plug, i just never seen anything like it. At first i thought i had got the compact due to the bull barrel but it has the amidex saftey and the box and every thing says ems. so maybe there doing a new version. so the bull barrel and lack of barrel bushing is a good thing? im sorry for my ignorance(sp). all my other 1911 are ful sise colts pre 70 seriers. so i take it the bull barrels do not have the busing? Ronald

[This message has been edited by rmdye (edited 11-05-2001).]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just wanted to let you guys know cd gives great responce to email questions. i asked about the bull barrel in my ems they said thats is correct that there was a "in production change" on the ems and thats how the new ones will be. justed wanted to thank all you guys for letting me post, and thank Jim form cd for his quick responce. now if i can get use to the paper clip.
Ronald

·
Registered
288 Posts
rmdye,

I saw one of those at the recent gunshow over here. I must agree they looked pretty nice. I've been thinking of getting a more compact pistol to complement my EFS in the future and a bushingless bull barrel EMS looks interesting. Hmm.. I wonder if I should start dropping hints to my wife as to what she can get me for Christmas?

Have fun with your EMS!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thats good to know, my EMS should be in the end of the week!
That info's not on CDs website yet.

mike

·
Registered
412 Posts
So since the New CD guns will have bull barrels I assume they wll no longer be usable in IDPA?

I am not clear of the IDPA rules, but think the bull barrell is not allowed.

Anyone want to explain the accuracy one can expect in a bull barrel compared to a standard design?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Actually, you can use a bull barreled EMS for IDPA - from the IDPA web site (http://www.idpa.com/rulebook5-2-01/rulebook_new.htm):
Factory installed cone style barrels are permitted on pistols with a barrel length of 4.2” or less.
This rule lets me use my Springfield Champion, which has a 3.9" cone (or bull) barrel in IDPA.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Ok, I reread the rules. IDPA is new here in my place. In fact we only have 3 competitions this year. When they introduced it I used my Glock 19 so I read more on SSP and ESP. And my CD is in 9mm. Thanks.

vega

1 - 17 of 17 Posts