1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen too many engraved Wilsons on here!
Show them off!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I have one on order. Be about 6 more months.....

·
Registered
8,012 Posts

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Beautiful! You do have a Wilson 45 to bring to the Bash to shoot! LOL

One fine looking BBQ gun!
:biglaugh: This one will remain on display at me house. It'll see no action, as long as it's mine.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
L2R, what level engraving package is that?

·
Registered
613 Posts
:biglaugh: This one will remain on display at me house. It'll see no action, as long as it's mine.
That's what I figured. Don't blame you a bit!! I was never into engraved guns until I toured the NRA Museum in Arlington, VA back in 2010. They had some outstanding works of art there! As do you! :rock:

Wilson showed us some new engraved pistols at this years bash, and they were outstanding as well!

Looking forward to meeting you in June!

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
L2R, what level engraving package is that?
I'm not sure. WCR might be able to answer that question. I haven't seen anything what level package they used for the Presidential Classic. I've only seen who engraved it.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
That's what I figured. Don't blame you a bit!! I was never into engraved guns until I toured the NRA Museum in Arlington, VA back in 2010. They had some outstanding works of art there! As do you! :rock:

Wilson showed us some new engraved pistols at this years bash, and they were outstanding as well!

Thank you, sir! I certainly enjoy it from an artistic and historical standpoint. I like engraved guns because of the handwork involved. If it wasn't because of the extremely limited edition and historical aspect, I would shoot it. I have no issue with shooting a really pretty gun that has been engraved. Just depends on the rest of the story.

And I look forward to meeting you as well!

·
Super Moderator
14,620 Posts
Thank you, sir! I certainly enjoy it from an artistic and historical standpoint. I like engraved guns because of the handwork involved. If it wasn't because of the extremely limited edition and historical aspect, I would shoot it. I have no issue with shooting a really pretty gun that has been engraved. Just depends on the rest of the story.

And I look forward to meeting you as well!
And for those of us who know some of that story, I think most of us would agree with your decision to keep it as a display/safe queen. The historical aspect on yours makes that decisioning quite different from my Baron blued CQB with the gold inlay crest and lettering which I do shoot - mine does not have the same historical standpoint that yours does/would have. I congratulate you on a truly outstanding specimen of a "collectable" 1911. Well done sir!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts

The NRA museum is in Fairfax, where I am right now! Next time you come for a visit, give me a cal, I know ALL the Troopers here! :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
If you like engraving and drop dead georgeous guns, and if it still is there, check out the Texas Ranger Museum in Waco, TX. It's not a very large museum but boy do they have a bunch of nice firearms. A lot of Texas Ranger barbecue guns, assorted shotguns, rifles, full auto guns and historical Ranger memorabilia. A very neat museum. I went through it many years ago on the way from Ft Worth to San Antonio. Also went to the Alamo. It was kind of anticlimactic after seeing the films that the Alamo created. I liked the museum better but it was a very sobering thing to be in the place where so many brave men died. It felt like it did when I roamed around Gettysburg several years ago. Sacred ground.

·
Super Moderator
14,620 Posts
Don't we all have something that is a display/safe queen?
Actually, no insult intended Jim, I do not have any safe queen guns. The closest thing I have to one is my Ruger Super Blackhawk I bought in January 1973, that has seen many hunting trips, and has been semi-retired for about 10 years until last deer season; I had to break it out for active duty!:rock:

·
Registered
613 Posts
The NRA museum is in Fairfax, where I am right now! Next time you come for a visit, give me a cal, I know ALL the Troopers here! :)
Arlington, Fairfax, tomatoe tomato! :biglaugh:

Thanks for the correction. They say the mind is the second thing to go..........:eek:

And, yes Mike, I'm SURE there's a reason you know ALL the Troopers there! :)

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Hi guys. I love engraved guns too, Wilsons and otherwise. If I ever get off my butt and learn how to post some photos, I'll put a couple of my engraved 1911s up for display. Plus, right now I'm on Brian Powley's waiting list to engrave a Series 80 Colt that ACW has done a couple of things to in preparation for the engraving.

·
Super Moderator
14,620 Posts
Hi guys. I love engraved guns too, Wilsons and otherwise. If I ever get off my butt and learn how to post some photos, I'll put a couple of my engraved 1911s up for display. Plus, right now I'm on Brian Powley's waiting list to engrave a Series 80 Colt that ACW has done a couple of things to in preparation for the engraving.
Sounds very interesting, will enjoy seeing them.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts

Since you mentioned Brian and other mfg's check out this thread.

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=486043

It's my favorite engraving job. Perfectly balanced and executed.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts