1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone: Sorry I have not been in for a while, but work has been taking me 'out of town' a lot.

I just found I have a need to get my grips engraved with my favorite thing and I need to find out where I should look to get it done. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wicked Grips does all kinds of inlays and engraving. I would take a look at their stuff and send him an email. A friend of mine had some stuff done by him and it looked good.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I make my own grips and a while back got a bug about making some and having a logo laser etched on the grips.

There are several places on the net that will laser engrave stuff, including pistol grips. I did not feel like sending a set away and waiting and all of that stuff. One day I went into my local sporting goods store, which does trophys & engraving, and noticed a sample wood plaque on the wall that was laser etched. I asked them where they got their laser engraving done and they said that they did it there! I live in a real small town, basically, the Super Walmart is the best (the only) thing in the whole town.

They engraved my grips with a custom logo I made on Corel Draw. I gave them a 3 1/2" disc with the file and bam!, engraved on my grips - $12.

I would suggest a little hunting around where you live. Look at trophy shops or sporting goods stores. You might just get lucky.

Here is a picture:

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts