1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at several of the new Enhanced Charles Daly's today. These are the best of the lot so far. The new rear sight is good along with the new wooden grips. Slide to frame fit was as good as a Springfield, but not on par with a Kimber. The SS models still feel a little gritty.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Decisions, Decisions. Last week I placed a CD Field Grade MS model on layaway (glad I did, cause I wasn't sure that's what I really wanted). What I really wanted was the CD Field Grade CS (as I later found out, they're basically impossible to be had). Just on the outside chance that they might have gotten one in during the past week, I stopped by the dealer on the way home from work. No, they didn't have any, but had just gotten off the phone from CD or whoever they get them from. There was ONE new CD ECS available in Blue. I swapped the layaway to that one. It'll be in Wednesday, and it cost about 30 bucks more than the "old" Field Grade MS I originally put on layaway. Looking forward to it.

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing I noticed on a SS Enhanced 5" that I am not sure I like. The frame had a Series 80 safety cut. The slide was a Series 70 style.

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The blue Enhanced 5" I picked up today does not have the '80 cut. Wonder why the SS model did?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I brought home my brand spankin new Field Grade ECS this afternoon. I won't be able to go to the range until Saturday, but as I said in another post, as far as fit and finish to cost ratio, I think they give Kimber a serious run for the money. If anyone can help, since I'm new to the 1911 community, with a 3.5 inch barrel, is the CD ECS similar in frame size to a Colt Officer Model? Need to get a decent holster, and of course, no one lists actual CD's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts