1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,404 Posts
The blued, rental gun? That's been the factory Colt grip safety for over ten years. Most people don't like them. I've found them to be pretty comfortable, but prefer just about any other, in terms of fit and appearance.

· Registered
2,979 Posts
Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of the grip safety on the enhanced models either, but it's not too bad and easy to get used to. The main thing I dislike about the enhanced models is the undercut below the triggerguard. I find that the "squared" feel to it can really become uncomfortable after a while of shooting heavy loads. Here's a pic of my enhanced GC, which seems to be the same as the one mentioned at the rental place.

· Registered
317 Posts
Enhanced???

OK, here's a really silly question, what's an enhanced GCNM? Mine looks like the posted pics.....

· Registered
2,979 Posts
The "enhanced" Gold Cups come with the commander style hammer, ducktail grip safety, and the trigger guard undercut. If yours look like mine, then it's the enhanced version. The pre-enhanced models have the standard spur hammer, grip safety, and no undercut below the triggerguard (which is what I prefer).

· Registered
317 Posts
OK, I'll check the frame. Any serial number diffferences?

Are they more valuable? -H

· Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Enhanced Models have serial numbers ending with E.

they would only be more valuable to the man who prefers an enhanced gun. Less valuable to the man who prefers unenhanced guns. It's a personal choice, really.

· Premium Member
347 Posts
Brian48

Wow, I know some people don't like the looks of the undercut trigger guard, but I haven't heard someone dislike the performance of them. I actually prefer the undercut. I'm having Colt do one on a NRM as we speak.

· Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I prefer the undercut trigger guard with a Brown grip safety myself........Sssssshhhh! the price might creep up!

Yeah, those undercut trigger guards really suck! :biglaugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.