1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Colt Lightweight Commander in 9mm a couple weeks ago. (Sorry about that to you purists, but I've got plenty of .45s.) Put some Altamont Colt grips on it. I think it looks pretty cool. First time I took it to the range I didn't have much time, so yesterday I shot 120 rounds through it. I'm very pleased. It digested my handloads and two brands of factory ammo without a hiccup. Very pleasant to shoot.

Attachments

·
Administrator
73,016 Posts
Picked up a Colt Lightweight Commander in 9mm a couple weeks ago. (Sorry about that to you purists, but I've got plenty of .45s.) Put some Altamont Colt grips on it. I think it looks pretty cool. First time I took it to the range I didn't have much time, so yesterday I shot 120 rounds through it. I'm very pleased. It digested my handloads and two brands of factory ammo without a hiccup. Very pleasant to shoot.
What range was that... ten feet? :p Seriously, great shooting. I'd consider a 9mm 1911 myself if I didn't already have so many other 9mms.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Very nice! I've always wanted one of these, but in .45. Now, I'm not so sure I wouldn't get a 9MM. Like others though, I already have a plethora of 9MM pistols.

·
Registered
23,176 Posts
I saw one a few months ago and bought it since I knew they were introduced and withdrawn this year and I have been thinking of a LW Commander in 9mm. I put on some grips I bought off the Colt website years ago when they sold parts there.

Need to get some nicer looking targets and post some pictures of those also. Those Altamont serpentine grips are nice. I bought a pair and not sure where they will wind up. I took a picture of them on the 2007 Commander in .45 I carry after a range trip / cleaning but it usually wears hard rubber grips when I carry it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What range was that... ten feet? :p Seriously, great shooting. I'd consider a 9mm 1911 myself if I didn't already have so many other 9mms.
Would you believe 100 yards? Off hand? I didn't think so. How about 10 yards?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I wish Colt would offer up something in .40 S&W. I've got several other semi's in that great little round. Would love to have a 1911 in it.
Colt did offer the Elite Ten Forty which was a 10mm gun with a 40 cal conversion kit. I loved mine, but sold it for some stupid reason or another.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.