1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANyone use them?

I am planning a 1911 custom build project, and thought these might be neat.

I notice Brownells lists the dovetail dimensions for the front sight, but not the rear. Anyone know if it uses the standard government sight cut or a novak cut?

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have used them...

I have used the E. Ghostring sights on 3 guns a HK, a Sig, and a 1911. The 1911 uses the standard dovetail. I had these sights on my range rentals at my shooting range. People either loved them or hated them. I had a set on my carry Sig until they wouldn't let me use it for IDPA.
geichal

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I tried these very sights on a Beretta 92FS a few years back. I actually liked them and found them to be as good as a standard notch and post set-up, just a bit different. It's like shooting an AR in terms of sight picture. I eventually switched back to notch and post because that's what all my guns have and I wanted consistency, but you may give the ghost ring a try and see what you think. I don't remember them being very expensive.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've used them and they suck. They work when you're close enough not to need sights otherwise they don't. No accuracy, peep sights work for rifles because of the sight radius, conventional pistols don't have enough. Post and notch is much better for pistols.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts