1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a essex frame and i fit a armscor slide on it and when i was dunn with it the slide is .140 short in the rear and the ejector sits .070 out of the back has anyone had this with the armscor slides
thanks Ray:confused:

·
Registered
439 Posts
slide fit on frame

YES I bought a Kimber 22 conversion to put on my rock island full size .It was just the opposite the slide over hung the frame about 1/32 . The kimber fit perfectly on my Mod.70 Government colt ,Tried it on my rock island compact and the Kimber slide overhung the CS the same . Called Ivan and he said that they buff the slides to match the frames .To my limited knowledge it sounds like the Rock island's are not quite to specs.My main worry was that the disconnecter slot in the slide would not align with the disconnecter in the frame. But it does and the kimber conversion works on the rock island OK

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes that is what they said to me to but it makes me think that if they can't make the frame and slide fit right what other stuff is not right well i will be looking for a slide to replace that pos thanks Ray

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
yes that is what they said to me to but it makes me think that if they can't make the frame and slide fit right what other stuff is not right well i will be looking for a slide to replace that pos thanks Ray
Send it my way if you do not want it!!!!:biglaugh::rock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts