1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bobtail commander and planned to keep it keep it in it's origional condition...but I can't keep from carrying it because it shoots so straight...everytime without fail...Tritium sights...so concealable...I guess I'll rag it out like the others...everytime I shoot it it seems to get smoother...

·
Registered
264 Posts
J Mac, how do you like the Ed Brown. Can you give us a quick review?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Nope! Everything I buy is destined to be shot, I am just not at a point in my life where I am willing to tie up a few thousand in a gun to admire, and keep as a museum piece.

I enjoy nice things, and I shoot nice guns, just like I drive nice cars, though the nicer ones may not be shot much, or carried alot, they might just come out on a nice Sunday afternoon, like a beautiful Vintage Sports Car.

·
Administrator
72,095 Posts
I bought a Kimber Custom Eclipse II for use as my everyday gun. So far it has spent all its time in the safe. Hmmm...

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

·
Registered
865 Posts
dsk,

Just don't carry that old Government Model you just picked up.

The Kimber; use it, abuse it and enjoy it!

Big Arm, that's the trouble when you buy to nice of one, you hate to take it out and shoot it. It's like buying a new 4x4 truck, it's tough to get that first brush scratch in it.

·
Administrator
72,095 Posts
Originally posted by Cactus:
dsk,
Just don't carry that old Government Model you just picked up.
Too late. I already sent it off to Wilson's to be made into a Steel Challenge pin gun.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Yup! I carry my Pete Single Custom Gov't everyday.

It took all of ... 2 days after it was completed before I started carying it

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Son...That sure is a purty custom...Is the slide a glossy hardchrome on the flats...or is it a very polished stainless...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts