1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Wow. Great commercial. At first expected it to be anti.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
That is good. Is that a parody of a similar anti video that I haven't seen yet? I searched on YouTube but didn't find anything. My YouTubeFU is weak.

·
Administrator
73,982 Posts
The police in Colorado are saying that the near-instant response by law enforcement is what caused the latest shooter to go off himself just a couple minutes into his attack rather than take out scores of victims. Whether they want to admit it or not, Wayne LaPierre was right. The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to have a good guy nearby who's armed and ready to respond.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
The police in Colorado are saying that the near-instant response by law enforcement is what caused the latest shooter to go off himself just a couple minutes into his attack rather than take out scores of victims. Whether they want to admit it or not, Wayne LaPierre was right. The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to have a good guy nearby who's armed and ready to respond.
Not sure I understand why the "near instant response by law enforcement" would cause the individual to "off" himself? Would seem he would want to run away so he could do it again another day. Or, wait for police and shoot at them to attain his own demise. That darn Graduate Course in Forensic Psychiatry didn't prepare me for this.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Not sure I understand why the "near instant response by law enforcement" would cause the individual to "off" himself? Would seem he would want to run away so he could do it again another day. Or, wait for police and shoot at them to attain his own demise. That darn Graduate Course in Forensic Psychiatry didn't prepare me for this.
Because he was on a mission to take the one he wanted out then die. When the GOOD GUYS with guns show up it's game over.
Have we not noticed that as soon as anyone [good guys] show up with a gun the bad guys do them selves in.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Because he was on a mission to take the one he wanted out then die. When the GOOD GUYS with guns show up it's game over.
Have we not noticed that as soon as anyone [good guys] show up with a gun the bad guys do them selves in.
Hopefully that will continue to be the course of action they select.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Whether they want to admit it or not, Wayne LaPierre was right. The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to have a good guy nearby who's armed and ready to respond.
That's actually one of the biggest common factors in all these shootings. The BG stops when an opposing gun shows up. Most of the time, they either give up or off themselves. Occasionally, they fight it out and lose. Loughner (of the Gabby Giffords shooting) is the only one I can recall being subdued without a weapon. I can't recall a single incident in which a relative or minister or anyone else talked a shooter into giving up.

Judging by the evidence, the fastest way to end a shooting incident is to have a good guy with a gun show up. The fastest way to do that is to have an armed good guy there in the first place (which, by the way, tends to keep BGs away in the first place).

Most of us already know that. So do most gun grabbers. Which means it's not about safety, it's about control, especially over things they don't like, be it guns, fast food, sodas, etc. I guess the rest of us can't seem to live our lives up to their dictates ... er, expectations.

·
Administrator
73,982 Posts
Not sure I understand why the "near instant response by law enforcement" would cause the individual to "off" himself?
Well, I can't claim to be an expert on how these nutjobs tick, but historically they always go and kill themselves the moment armed police arrive. I forget the time and place, but around the time of the CO movie theater shooting there was another shooting at a shopping mall, in Portland, Oregon I believe. The shooter only managed to shoot about four people before he retreated to a corner of the mall and shot himself. The MSM tried to hide this fact, but apparently one shopper was a CCW holder and drew on him, after which he retreated and later shot himself. Maybe somebody else here remembers the actual time and place and can fill in the details.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You are correct that it was the Portland mall shooting. A CCW holder confronted the shooter from cover, but felt he couldn't shoot due to too many bystanders behind the shooter. The shooter saw him, retreated to a corner and shot himself in the head.

·
Registered
591 Posts
That was a very good spot.
They use all the drama that the anti gunners use, but with some common sense.
Not bad, not bad at all.
Reminds me of the photos of the schools in Israel.
dc

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
But still, people on the left think we live in a fantasy world where just one more law will cause these nutjobs to magically see the light and turn in their illegally obtained guns and no longer want to do whatever it is they are planning. In all of these shootings, they may not have stopped the first shot but if people with the ability to fight back would have ran to the disturbance and confronted it, more would have survived. It is this liberal notion of run and hide and pray the bad guy doesn't find you that is destroying the country. Even in the military it is taught that if there is an active shooter in your area to run and hide and wait for the cops.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have to believe that most of these shooters are cowards, morally deficient in back bone, and therefore, not willing to take on an armed adversary, civilian or LEO. When confronted, they take the cowards escape, and shoot themselves rather than fighting it out. A quick confrontation is the most advantaged course of action. After Columbine, tactics dictated that police no longer wait out the shooter or hold a perimeter while SWAT arrives and enters the building. Our training for active shooters was for the first four officers on scene to form up a diamond formation and enter and engage the shooter immediately. This was deemed the best tactical choice for these situations. Limit the time the shooter has to harm others, and force a confrontation with armed police instead of innocents. Having the shooter crawl off into a corner and let daylight into his brain cavity is a bonus to everyone.

The trial will not be lengthily!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Exactly, us AF cops used to train that when something happened the rank and file cops set up a perimeter around the scene and call in the emergency services team. Now, once you have a fire team in place you go in and go directly to the sound of the gunshots. You don't stop and help the wounded, you don't give directions to anyone, nothing. You push in and kill the bad guy and then call in the support functions. It has totally changed the dynamics of our training. Now everyone on duty has to be ready to engage an armed, well hidden active shooter where as before if you were not EST, chances are you would never even be trained on building clearing beyond a few hours of basic know how.

·
Registered
54 Posts
"When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away.............."

Love the video! VERY, VERY, VERY powerful message that can NOT be ignored anymore. Share this video with everyone you know and hope the right people take notice and don't just ignore it as they have so far.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The original

Wow. Great commercial. At first expected it to be anti.
The Original was an anti.

This is a redo of the original (not really a parody)

I like it. Especially the part that claims "we are the only telling everyone that our most vulnerable are defenseless by design" (my interpretation not literal).

·
Registered
992 Posts
On the Colorado shooting:
The shooter in Colorado did not fit the typical spree shooter profile. Most spree shooters are people who, after feeling alienated for some reason or another, and due to pre-existing mental health issues, embark on an attempt to kill as many people as possible, and then kill themselves. Their goal is their eventual suicide, in order to make a point. The mass killing is their chosen method of attracting attention to their suicide. After all, the only thing worse than killing oneself is to kill oneself and go unnoticed.

The killer in Colorado was more akin to people who murder their wives or neighbors and then kill themselves, as opposed to Adam Lanza. While spree shooters target indiscriminately in search of a "high score," this shooter had a specific target in mind, and set out with the intent of killing them, and then killing himself. When that target escaped, he offed himself, in order to at least maintain control over the second half of his plan.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts