1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed sign's all over my area that are what I consider Anti Gun.
They say stuff like Gun Crime hits home. They have kids standing holding police line up cards looking sad. Does anyone have a clue?

Are they just hiding who they really are and who backs them bye just saying The AD Council?

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It still does not really say. It just says there a private, non-profit organization ! Sounds like there hiding something.

http://www.adcouncil.org/default.aspx?id=57 Check that out thats a load of bull!
I noticed a lot of NY State stuff. Isnt there a Billionair Anti gunner there.
It also says this is funded by the Department of Justice.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I've seen signs like that in my area but it's more like felons who commit gun crimes.I only see them in bad areas of town and posted at bus stops and such.

·
Registered
966 Posts
It is the exact same group that does the signs I've seen.Their basically one of those groups that believes to point out everything wrong with the world statistically everyone will live together in perfect harmony. I've seen all the crap I worked in the ghetto reason I bought a 1911 in the first place.
These people in these organizations don't know reality they try to distort it to their own ideas. The numbers are their but what were the reasons for those numbers. Parenting is the root of all these problems call that out no need for gun regulations.

·
Banned
8,526 Posts
Dude no it isn't, it's right there on their website.

95% of the ads they place are plain uncontroversial vanilla. Not everything is a big conspiracy.
You are right, it isn't run by the government, but without government funding you would hardly ever hear a peep from them...
Their site states:
Public service advertising is commonly defined as "advertising that serves the public interest." The objective of these ads is education and awareness of significant social issues in an effort to change the public's attitudes and behaviors and stimulate positive social change. For more information about PSAs and the Ad Council's criteria, please visit the Non-Profit Resources section of the website.
That is why you see a lot of ads from HHS,Dept. of forestry, National Crime Prevention Council, DOJ, DOT, etc... which are funded by...taxes!
I never said it was a good thing, I never said it was a bad thing...I missed the part where I labeled it as some type of conspiracy though.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I've heard their ads on XM Radio regarding gun violence & autism.

The gun violence ads are a bit strange: They comment at length on how gun violence breaks up the family; that's true, but so does Arson, Counterfeiting, Extortion, Bank Fraud, etc, etc.

They're spending a bundle of money on these ads; I'd like to know who they (really) are, and why they're doing this. :confused:

·
Registered
170 Posts
so does Arson, Counterfeiting, Extortion, Bank Fraud, etc, etc.
And don't forget, rape, child abuse, spousal abuse, drug and alcohol abuse (in and out of the home), child neglect and a myriad of other crimes which are for the most part non gun related and probably have accounted for more "break up of the family" than guns ever have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts