1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this forum a few days ago. Really enjoy reading about other people enjoying thier Colt .45ACP's. I have recently purchased 3 new Colts: a .45 SS Compact... Shoots great, accurate enough to blow the X-ring out at 21ft. Shoots point-of-aim right out of the box. Also purchased 2 Gold Cups, a blue and a SS. These also shoot great right out of the box. Thinking about a new Special Combat Gov.t. Can anyone provide opinions on this pistol? I haven't even seen one at my local dealers in Puget Sound (WA). What's up with the SS / carbon mix? Thanks, guys

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
45Freedom.....
It's great to have another Washingtonian on the Forum. Are you on the Eastside? Kirkland and Bothell used to be my old stomping grounds. Sounds like you already have the "bug" from the looks of your recent purchases. Enjoy your new Colt treasures.
Regards,
Sam

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Welcome! This is a great place for Colt fans!!

------------------
DEATH TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome, Sam and U. It was the early 80's when I purchased a Colt for the first time. Don't even remember the model, but I think it was a 2nd hand standard .45 Gov't. Didn't keep it long(which is unusual for me). I do remember the trigger had plenty of creep. Also, the pistol had an unnerving habit of requiring different amounts of pressure on the trigger to discharge it. Sometimes normal(4 lbs or so), and sometimes almost a hair-trigger! Perhaps the original owner had some 'work' done to it?! The recent Colt purchases are totally different, as the trigger pull on each is excellent, clean and predictable. By the way, Sam-I live in the south end. Look forward to talking again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts