1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to pass on a thumbs up to Wilson Combat.

I have a Tactical Elite that came with two #47D magazines, and at the time of purchase I also received an additional two new-in-bag #47D magazines. Of the four magazines, only one allowed the slide to lock open when the magazine is empty. Upon closer examination, the three non-locking magazines appeared to have a spring of a different design, with less coils than the spring in the good mag. All four mags functioned flawlessly except the slide lock problem.

Got a reply back from Nick at Wilson Combat stating:

"We can help with this problem, call or write with your mailing address and we will send the proper springs for those magazines to you for free. I am very sorry for the inconvenience."

Two days later an envelope showed up in the mail with four new springs (I only really needed 3). The new springs had an additional coil and were about 2" longer than the old springs.

Everything is 100% now and I am "extremely satisfied" with my Wilson pistol. Seen a few guys have a hard time with Wilson over the past year on this forum, and wanted to pass on a positive experience.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have also found Nick to be very helpful. He told me that he was relatively new to Wilson's customer service department, but I found him to be extremely courteous and responsive. Additionally, all the customer service representatives that I have spoken with have been very helpful. I recently had a minor warranty repair with a "one day" turnaround.
proloader

G

·
Wilson sure is good about warranty repair or replacement.

I've placed 3 small orders with them in the last month or so and all showed up on my doorstep within 2 day's of placing the order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently joined this forum so I could pass on a service story I had with Wilson.
About a month ago I bought a used Colt Officers that had been through the Wilson shop in 1997. It looked brand new. A few days later a friend and I were going to put a few boxes through it. Second shot, mag catch and screw blows out. Long story short. Sent it into Wilson,never had done business with them in the past. Darrell calls me and says frame had been cracked and welded by someone else. After I told him my side of the story. He concluded whatever happened I was now their customer and they would help me out. They replaced the frame with a new carbon frame, cleaned up some small dings on the slide and totally inspected and replaced any parts they felt were not quite up to par. Aromor tuffed the whole gun. All this for less than half of what they charge from their catalog pricing. No labor charges or they were included in the total price, and had the gun back in 5 days. They have a customer for life now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts