1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes I came to know Carl through emails. He waited till he had a high grain hide to make mine. He also made me a single layer dress belt of the same coloring. He didn't want to send me the set which he thought did not match. I had him send them because I really did want the single layer for dress. When I received them they would have matched well enough for me if that were my intent. Bottom line is he strikes me as a man of high integrity.

I will buy another soon along with a matching belt. It seems he doesn't get as many of the high grain hides as he would like, I suspect the horsehide supply isn't very good, I read they mostly come from Europe now. The horsehides make the best looking pieces I have ever seen.

My pics don't do justice - the color is richer and darker and the offset grain is more distinctive.

·
Banned
390 Posts
Nice looking holster.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Why isnt there a price list or did I miss something?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another Pic below.

I just ordered another belt from Carl and will post pics when received. I'm excited because it will be in Cape Buffalo.

The wait is worth it. I've now spoken with Carl and he is a great guy, very receptive to ideas and very informative and knowledgeable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts