1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeking feedback from those with direct exp with the lmtd run of Gold Cup Combat Commanders from the early 90s, i.e. accuracy, quality, fit fininsh, etc.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Had one...helluva nice gun...sold it like an idiot. As I recall, overall quality was nice. I wasn't near the shot then that I am now so I can't comment on accuracy, but I am sure it was as good as any other Gold Cup. I have bought, sold, and traded many guns over the years. There a very few transactions that I regret. Letting that Gold Cup Commander go was definitely a mistake.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Hello, I just bought one, but haven't received it yet. When I do, I will give a report. It is a stainless, Gold Cup Commander.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I missed one in GA that went for $1K that appeared to be as new. Other arasking ~$1,200 for that condition.

What was the finish of the lower part of you Commander, matte or polished?

·
Registered
704 Posts
It is in excellent condition and I paid $825 for it. I can't believe I got it so low. It was on auction at GunBroker.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
That is dirt cheap... all the Gold Cup Commanders I've ever seen for sale in person or on the 'net were $1,500+.

The one I've shot a couple of times is a two-tone (stainless frame, high polish blue slide) with Novak night sights (!). It came from Colt that way, and was either a special run of a special run, or a custom shop order. Pretty nice, but for the prices they are usually going for they aren't worth it IMHO.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Yes, like I said, I can't believe I got it so low. It was auction #12402235 on GunBroker. $825 and worth every penny, I hope!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Well, I picked it up today and it looks like a steal. It is nice and tight with a very good trigger pull of 4 lbs on my scale ( I should be able to get that down to 3-31/2 )with no creep or overtravel. It has a couple of scratches and the ever present idiot mark that will easily polish out. I will give a range report when I fire it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts