1911Forum banner

Expanding case issue

1880 Views 49 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  KR45P13
I have a lee reloading deluxe set the (4) die one. the expander is ruining my brass case at the tip. Not all but here and there. any help on my issue.??.
Cigar Material property Tobacco Wood Nail

Wood Finger Nail Thumb Writing implement
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
13,778 Posts
On some cases it will slide in and on other is like if it's same size.
Something is not right at all here. The part about the expander hitting the edge of the case mouth makes perfect sense from an alignment standpoint and “folding” the edge. But now you have that same expander just going into the case with no effect?? Back everything off and unscrew the die. Reinstall it by following their instructions exactly and make sure the lock ring is tight. Try again. I have caught a case on the edge of the sizing/decamp die before but never on an expander die. You have to be waaay off since the tip of the expander is beveled. This is just weird.

· Registered
13,778 Posts
Yeah, but he’s talking about the flaring. I’ve just never encountered that before. I have absolutely mashed my share of brass on the sizing step, especially running 223 too fast…🤷‍♂️

· Registered
13,778 Posts
I hope you fire your security. :ROFLMAO:
That can easily be solved by using all small primer 45 brass. I believe they're easier and cheaper to find too.
Well, if these dingalings would pull their head out of their arse and produce ALL of it that way, it would be fine. But, noooooo, they have to sprinkle it across the ranges of the world..😡

1 - 9 of 9 Posts