1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, for an xmas present from my grandma Im going to give her the order form from Brownells filled out for an extended ejector. $25 (not including shipping) is about all I want to ask, but that can buy just about any extended ejector in there. Anyways, my stock Springfield ejector is .990" measured with a Lyman digital caliper. How long is the Wilson Combat? And how long is the Ed Brown? Some company called King's something or another offers one that measures 1.110", which seems like a noticable enough difference to actually accomplish something. However, I am really going for a Wilson Combat scheme with this pistol and would like to stick with it. I dont want the King's of the EGW because they come to a 90* angle in the back and have to be fitted, while the Ed Brown and Wilson Combat have an angle that matches most 1911 slides so they can go in with little or no fitting. Anyone who has either the Wilson Combat or Ed Brown product installed on their 1911, I could really use some feedback. Thanx.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well I built up a gun about a year ago and went with the Ed Brown extended ejector. Not much to say about it really. The part went in just fine and matched the back of the slide perfectly. Had no problems putting the pin in and have had no ejector related problems what so ever. For reference, the gun is built on a Les Baer frame with a Caspian slide. Hope this helps your decision somewhat. Best of luck!!

Gunslinger

1 - 2 of 2 Posts