1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know extractor clocking is supposed to be a bad thing, but mine does it and it seems to be just fine.

Originally I had problems with my extractor grabbing into the case bevel and causing FTFs. I tried to replace the extractor with a wilson part which wound up not fixing it, then I used a RRA extractor and replaced the fps at the same time. Still a no-go.

I would up putting the original extractor back in the pistol, and with proper tuning, it's given me no issues in the past 150 rounds plus a lot of hand-feeding for function. Oddest thing is, the original SA extractor has some clocking, which I understand to be bad.
I still have plans to put in the EGW HD 45 extractor and OS fps since the claw is supposedly moved closer to the breechface (I had concerns originally with the slide being out of spec, but since non SA modifications have been made to the pistol at some point, it's no longer under warranty).

Basically I'm just wondering if since the extractor works everything is cool, or if I'm going to run into tension issues down the road and something is going to have to be done. The clocking isn't bad, but then I'm no expert so I don't know what variance is allowable.

Pics to come shortly if they turn out.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Get an oversized firing pin stop from brownells and file to fit a little at a time. I'll bet it cures the clocking with the extractor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts