1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I bought a Kimber Target 2 a number of years ago. It was in rough shape and I got a good deal on it. It needs some work as the previous owner wanted to be a gunsmith (so do I.....)

Anyway the extractor is the only part I have not gotten right yet. I put a Wilson Stainless extractor in it. I think the tension is right but that is hard to post on a forum. Maybe I need some filing on the underside of the extractor??

The gun will pick the round from the mag and get it started into the chamber but then the round hangs up under the extractor with the base of the cartridge slightly in front of the breechface. Here are a couple picts.

The gun does not jam like this often maybe 4 times in 100 rounds fired. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
HH

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Looks like its more bullet nose down...than up which it would be if it wasn't sliding under the extractor.

Is the bullet under/behind the extractor or in front of it. In the picture it looks like there's a big gap between the base and breech face and the bullet looks slightly nose down.

Inertia feed?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's has been a few months since this last happened. I remember the rim of the cartridge was under the hook of the extractor. The bullet had started into the chamber.

This may call for a range trip this weekend :) so I can take a photo from the side.

Thanks,
HH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts