1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if it's my extractor or the ammo, but I seem to have problems racking the slide and having the round pop out easily. I have a Stainless Target II. Has anyone had problems with Kimbers not extracting when racked? Or do they just require LOTS of strength?

------------------
Jeff More
Irvine, PRC
All your AR-15 are belong to us!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Kimbers are famous for letting guns leave their factory and "custom shop" with untensioned extractors. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS, even though it's a five minute job that even a novice can handle. It's tantamount to GM or Ford delivering a car that needs the hood-popping cable adjusted. There's just NO sense in letting it happen.

Whew! That felt good. Rant rant rant! Here's a link for ya. NOTE: Follow all safety rules while performing the tasks listed on this link. NEVER try to adjust a LOADED weapon.
http://www.m1911.org/technic2.htm

Regards,
Callahan

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Is the gun having any extaction problems when firing? or just when trying to hand cycle?

·
Registered
770 Posts
I must agree with the Inspector here. My former ProCarry had 2 problems when I bought it. 1 was the extractor, which, even after being adjusted, still didn't have the correct grip on the rim of the case, but I didn't have alot of problems with extracing anyway. The biggest problem I had was with the slide stop, which was OVER sized, ans would get bumped up by a feeding round. I had to replace the slide stop.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I must agree with the Inspector here. My former ProCarry had 2 problems when I bought it. 1 was the extractor, which, even after being adjusted, still didn't have the correct grip on the rim of the case, but I didn't have alot of problems with extracing anyway. The biggest problem I had was with the slide stop, which was OVER sized, ans would get bumped up by a feeding round. I had to replace the slide stop.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Well, well, well...
I decided to pop off a few rounds before I receive my UPS stuff from Kimber to send my Super Match back for multiple problems...and guess what...I got to add to the list today!!! Funny this topic came up!

my elevation locking set screw is missing and I have NO extractor tension!
Aaargh!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I fought the extractor problem on a Gold Match (that I used to own) as well. I had other issues with mine until I finally gave up on it. Nothing is worse than starting a relationship with a black eye. One bad experience is all it took for me to say "no thank you" regarding future Kimber purchases. Kimber needs to work a bit harder on getting them right the first time.

------------------

·
Registered
76 Posts
I recently returned my Heritage model to Kimber for an extractor problem and asked them to check the barrel bushing,(loose). They received the gun Monday and I had it back Wednesday morning! The extractor was tuned and they replaced the bushing.It can't get any better than that. Nobody is perfect. The weapon now runs 100%.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts