1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
HUH?

...That extractor test with the loaded round is just a guideline...If it's workin' don't start messin' with it...Buy a spare and use that one 'til it breaks or won't take an adjustment, otherwise don't break it lookin' for somethin' to do...shoot it instead...

If it does break you'll already have a spare...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
When you say it has "never" jammed....does that also mean you have never g=had any feeding or ejection problems?

After re-reading the thread, did you fire this pistol for 200 or more rounds without cleaning or stopping at one stretch?
Really if you fired it 50 or 100 rds at a time 10 or more sessions, you haven't really put any pressure on it to know if it'll make it through a match anyway...

If a match is at least 100 to 140rds let's say, you have to have run at least that much through it with the same ammo that you'll be using and non-stop with no cleaning...I'm sure you've already done all that and are just now noticing the extractor tension...BTW, was that the first time you took the pistols' extractor out to check it?
If the picture is a little "murky" afer reading this post, maybe you better shoot another 500 or so through it real fast with the ammo and magazines etc, that you'll be using in the match and then you'll know the answers yourself...If that pistol hasn't been operated yet, in the same style it will in a match, there's no reason to believe it's ready anyway...

...Not to detract from anything you've done...Just a little "extra" to think about in case you've needed to do the break-in for defense and match use and haven't quite had the time yet..Might be a good time to hold an informal match with a friend for fun or...he whos' pistol jams first buys the ammo...That might help put a little "match" pressure on your piece!

Good Luck!
I'm anxious to hear how it all turns out!

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.