1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a word of caution about CD extractors. Don't try to "tune" them as they are very brittle. I snapped one trying to adjust the tension. Should have probably left it alone as I was not having any extraction problems.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I replaced mine with Caspian. The Caspian extractor is a little bit longer so I used a file to make it fit snugly. Now I don't have any worries about any extractor-related failures.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've owned two CDs and replaced the firing pin stop and extractor with EGW components. This cured the "clocking" extractor problem. The EGW extractor is also a little long and protrudes about 1/16". Not a problem to me , so I left them that way.

How about the newest CDs? do they still have the floppy extractors?

I replaced the hammer, sear, and trigger with McCormick drop in parts and now have a 2.5 pound crisp trigger pull on my newest CD. A new EGW barrel bushing helped make it a real tackdriver...2" @ 25yards!

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Installed an Ed Brown extractor - problem cured. I also fitted an oversize FP stop. Brass lands in a 5' circle now. I looked at two CDs in the 10,000 range serial numbers and they had loose extractors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts